Sunday, February 20

It's been a while since I posted anything of direct relation to my life

Well today is Sunday, or Sabbath as I like to refer to it. Our pastor James preached a very good sermon this morning. All of you need to see the picture/post below. I am very desperate.

Well here is the Proverb of the day:
"Blows that hurt cleanse away evil, as do stripes the inner depths of the heart."
Prverbs 20:30

Can someone else me understand this. I think it is talking about how suffering makes us cleaner and holier people, but is there not another message? What do you think it means?

Oh people people people, I got another blog. You all must go!

3 Comments:

At 2/20/2005 9:45 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I think it also means more like a wake up. When you think of a blow, that's somethin' that'll really grab your attention. Sorta makes you realize, you better turn around, or else you might get hurt next time, and not be able to recover.

 
At 2/20/2005 10:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, my Name is Luis and im from Chile, South America. I speak spanish (sorry for my english) but your post catch my atention because im christian too. I think the proverb is talking about de correction of the children, about the discipline. There are many proverb who talk about the same subject.
Que Dios te bendiga! (means God Bless you). Chao.

 
At 2/20/2005 10:32 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

That too. Many ways to disect one Proverb so it seems.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home