Monday, May 17

Yes, I am back

I know that some of you are beginning to wonder why I made a commitment such as this, but the truth is these next couple weeks are some of the most busy weeks of my whole life. This is my excuse for why I haven't been available to write as often as would please some.
For now I would like to discuss the verse of the day. Because it is one of my very favorites. And as I was typing it out for you I realized what it meant, in a whole new way. (yet another example of the livingness of the WORD of GOD) I mean it just displays a vivid picture of our struggle even as Christians. And that we want to please God, we will it. But that often our will, is weaker then out physical desire or will. I mean that especially when we have just heard a inspiring sermon, and we really want to please God, live for nothing and no one but King. I mean we can get really pumped. So we get home and we purpose to spend the evening in devotion to God, and we end up watching a really dumb-no-worth-your-time-but-you-watched-it-anyway tv show. End up falling in your bed from exhaustion at midnight, and forget to do your quiet time. The truth was that you had willed to do your Quiet time, but you didn't do it. Your will changed. For when you were watching the tv show you sure willed it, if you didn't you wouldn't have watched it.
My point is that in a very real sense man has a very free will, God doesn't send his angels down to physically turn off the tv. But at the same time, man doesn't have free will, for Satan in a very real way poisoned your mind. Causing you to desire the meaningless thing above the time with God. So the truth is man has free will, but that will in tainted with sinful desire. Ask Paul.

1 Comments:

At 5/19/2004 7:45 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Hey, can I have Paul's email address? Haha, that... okay that was corny.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home