Friday, September 17

Last night when I was trying in vain to finish up my world views, I sat and looked a my baby sister for a long time. There is so much I need to tell her. Her mind is fresh in every way. She is going to be looking up to me and many others for guidence, and wisdom. She knows so very little. What she does know is all that is necessary for her existeance. Keziah knows that sound of my mothers voice. She knows that when a smooth object touches her lips she needs to suck in order to obtain food. She knows that when her stomach gets all tight inside she is hungry and if she crys everyone will know it. She knows that it feels good to be held and it doesn't to lay flat. She knows so much. As she learns more everyday, she is watching me.
"Assuredly, I say to you, unless you are converted and become as little children, you will by no means enter the kingdom of Heaven. Therefore whoever humbles himslef as this little child is the greatest in the Kingdom of heaven. Whoever recieves one little child like this in My name recieves Me."
Matthew 18:3-5
Little children have so much to teach us. They just believe that God is there. They know so much more about faith. Think about it, when you were little you would have believed anything your parents said. Anything. In fact one of the things my siblings say the most is: well, Mom said... What scares me is now, they are saying: well, Becca said...
Little children may seem to know the least, but really when it comes to the important stuff, they know the most.

2 Comments:

At 9/17/2004 9:39 AM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

let her live a little before you tell her about worldviews.

 
At 9/18/2004 2:33 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Sounds like you were doin' work for "A Child's View."

It tiss amazing how much they knew naturally. It's just embedded when they're born. The minute children are born, they begin to learn. They learn how to act by our actions. Behavior, attitude, etc. Children are so impressionable. We must always be watchful of what we do around them. Well, we always must be watchful period, but especially infront of them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home