Tuesday, November 9

this day in History

I have had quite a day. Yesterday I realised that I have a TON of Worldviews. We had to find a bunch of quotes from the books we have read in the last couple of weeks. It was more work then is possible for a highschool student along with the other required studies. Margaret was called for a specail request. Her mother answered the phone, and it was discovered that Margaret could not come over yesterday afternoon to study with me. She had to work at the Harrison, also known as a retirement home.
Durning Spanish class yesterday it dawned on me that I could ask Mrs. Judd to allow Margaret to spend the night. After a great appeal and a time of pondering it was decided that my dear friend could spend the night at my house. The plan was that she would come home with us from Veritas and stay until I went to Mr. Baumers class this morning.
We did to a mess of studying. David Pulliam also joined us. We got much accomplished, which makes me very happy for it would have taken me ages to get it all done single-handed.
Surprisingly (but true to promise) Margaret and I fell asleep around 11 last night. When we awoke a new day awaited us, and we were ready for it.

We had Chemistry this afternoon. I have to say that there are times that the subject interests me; today it did not. I am not sure if my lack of interest was due to the subject matter, or simply my atittude. It is possible it was a blend of both, because Margaret too was in a great state of boredom during class.

I think that everyone who can should attend Veritas. It is a fairly regular meeting at the Butler campus about every month or so. Last night Don Kister spoke on the free will of man. I took extensive notes, perhaps I shall post them sometime. I know that they will benefit me in my study of God and His truths.


5 Comments:

At 11/09/2004 10:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did David get killed by Marajerk?

 
At 11/09/2004 11:47 PM, Blogger Brian said...

Yes! Please post your notes. (I couldn't be there or else I would have) I'd like to know how he discussed such an important inssur.
~Brian~

 
At 11/10/2004 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After giving him a chance to explain himself before I killed him (I'm so merciful!=) he told me it was only a joke. Thus, I simply spoke some pointed/harsh words to him, and I doubt such name-calling will happen again!
~Margaret

 
At 11/10/2004 5:50 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

No I didn't, Margaret understood that I was just joking.

 
At 11/11/2004 11:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah,
Why am I not surprised daughter of the King...that there is a hippie trapped inside. Should the hippie ever come out it is my hope that you will not give up personal hygene.

With regards to the homework, I understand it is most difficult to obtain quotes from pop-up books!

Keep up the good work, keep the faith, there are those who watch from afar. You are a natural leader of ideas and people. Lead those who follow wisely young lady of the King.

The Guardian

 

Post a Comment

<< Home