Wednesday, February 9

some interesting information

On Monday evening I cut my chin. Now for some of the male population that may not be an uncommon occurrence but I don't think I have ever cut my chin before. Oddly it is a paper cut. Yes, I was at Bible study and I turned my head to face my dear friend Margaret who was speaking, and in the process my skin came in contact with my brand new workbook that I had resting on my knees. The cut is still there, and it looks like a slice from a sharp blade. I think it looks kinda cool.

Anyways here is the Proverb of the day:
"Come, eat my food and drink the wine I have mixed."

I think this is very cool. The Bible has no problem whatsoever with people occasionally drinking wine. In fact wine is seen as a blessing.

5 Comments:

At 2/09/2005 7:51 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Sorry guys that was Proverbs 9:5.

 
At 2/09/2005 11:43 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Well, some people say that the wine in the Bible times was just grape regular grape juice. But I beg to differ. If the Bible says wine, I believe it was wine.

Wine can't be bad, 'cause Jesus turned the water into wine.

Now the problem is when someone drinks too much and becomes drunk. The Bible says not to get drunk because our body tiss the Temple of the Holy Ghost. We must treat our bodies right.

 
At 2/10/2005 10:29 AM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

The Bible may mean grap juice or something less stronger then today's wine, but I've not done very much research on the subject so I do not really know, but I personnally do not have a problem with other Christian's drinking even though I do not drink myself and will not be in the future because I don't think their is any reason to.

 
At 2/10/2005 11:07 AM, Blogger erudil said...

Ouch! What a way to cut yourself!


You should be glad that you don't have a bunch of people at church that would be most unhappy at the "occasional drinking" statement. At least hopefully you don't have people like that; we do here. A great application of the Proverbs, and a good reply to people who use other proverbs to prohibit alcohol use altogether.
If you think about it, what Jesus made at Cana couldn't have been unfermented grape juice. The master says that this wine (the best of anything brought out!) should have been brought out first. Why? The bad wine is normally served later, when the guests have had too much to drink. Could the judgement of guests be impaired simply by a bunch of unfermented juice?

 
At 2/10/2005 5:59 PM, Blogger Steve said...

everyone has made some good points. another reason why I don'think it is wise to drink is because it can make other Christians stumble. In today's culture drinking has a totally different meaning than it does in other cultures/time periods. alcohol is looked upon for the most part today in america exactly how the sin of drukeness is described in the Bible. However, one way to change this is if we get some responsible drinkers.:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home