Monday, March 19

the letter

Driving home from play practice on Saturday all I could think about was the throbbing pain in the soles of my feet. I had been abusing them all day, and now it was pay-back. I was in a bit of a rush because I had promised the Whitla's I would baby-sit for them at 5:10, and it was ten till. I pulled in the drive, slammed the car door, and headed inside. I walked in the door and began to head upstairs to change shoes when Mom called, "Becca, you have a letter." My mind reeled, "No, not the letter I've been waiting for. It couldn't have come already." I walked over to the table where she was pointing. Low and behold there it laid, a letter addressed to "Miss Rebekah Ann Long" from Grove City College's Admissions office.
I thrust my figures through the seal quickly tearing the envelope open. My eyes stumbled over the words, "Congratulations," "acceptance," and "class of 2011." I was shocked. The answer was a clear as day. My prayers, tears, anxious conversations about college and God's plan were over. He wanted me at Grove City. Had I gotten on the waiting list, which I was hoping to, because I wasn't even sure I'd make that, I would have gone through a whole other process of waiting and searching and discerning the best path to take. We had begged God to give us a clear answer. Here it was, in my hands.
I had prayed with my Dad just two weeks ago that God would open the door to Grove City. He has. He opened it wide, and I could hardly believe the truth.
It's taken a bit of time for everything to sink in. I've told everyone that as far as I know, I'm going to Grove City College this fall, and I'm excited.
The truth is that I'm also nervous. I'm a bit hesitant about moving so far away. I don't know anyone at the school, but God will be with me, and I shall not fear.
These next few months will be full of change. Yet, I am confident in the Lord. He directs my path. May His name be glorified forever and ever.

3 Comments:

At 3/19/2007 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations, my friend.
And welcome to Pennsylvania.

 
At 3/19/2007 8:41 PM, Blogger Flo said...

Becca, I'm THRILLED for you my dear! I'm so excited to see how God is leading you! love ya!

 
At 3/19/2007 11:01 PM, Blogger Shannon Koons said...

YEAH Becca!!! I'm so incredibly excited for you! That's awesome!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home