Wednesday, January 31

"I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU-UU!"

Four girls pile in the cold Taurus. They waved goodbye to their friends, parting with giggles and sweet farewells. Cathy and Beth sat in the back seat, but not for long. Cathy popped out because she forgot her all-too-vital pj bag. The car began to roll out of the McDonalds parking lot with Cathy and Beth laughing about the guy who messed up every order.

The car drove onto 65 North, with the girls listening to Delilah. A woman was asking advice about the relationship she was in with a man who was 11 years younger. Delilah suggested that they get together, and then a familiar song began to play on the radio. The volume was turned up high, and all the girls screamed out, the only words they could understand in the redundant chorus, “I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU-UU!”

It was a blast. We sang louder each time, “I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU-UU.!” We missed the rhythm a couple times, but it only made it more true: “I only want to be with you.”

We laughed in-between choruses, and I smiled. I love life. I love cruising down the highway with my lil sisters and friend. I love blasting a song, and singing “I ONLY WANNA BE WITH YOU-UU!”

It’s good to have fun sometimes.

1 Comments:

At 2/01/2007 8:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss having good times with you, girl. But God gives me more good times here than I could ever recount and they are precious to me.

I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home