Monday, January 1

A New Year?

The first day of the year is such an amazing concept. We have an opportunity to start all over. Yet, how often do we really accomplish the things that we desire? Our secular world loves the New Year because they feel better about getting "another chance" to have what ever it is they want. I've found in my short life that it's easy to make a list of resolutions and then forget then two weeks later.

People make a big deal about New Years, but let's think about why. There is an element of hope in time rather than Christ. People will put confidence in the fact that it's January first with no regrets, but unless they seek Christ they will find the same thing happening year after year: a nice party, and a nice concept, but no true change in their behavior.

Let's help people. It's an excellent time to ask people about the hope within them, and then perhaps they will ask us the same question. We live in a dark and hopeless world. We love a bright and hopeful Savior.

4 Comments:

At 1/03/2007 12:34 AM, Blogger erudil said...

It's always a good thing to meditate on. Thanks much for this post!

 
At 1/03/2007 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I truly and deeply love you so much, Becca. When can I come see you? You know I will as soon as I can, if you'll have me!

 
At 1/04/2007 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grandma and I were just talking about this over lunch time together...well, about how people cannot truly get rid of their guilt and have hope with out Jesus Christ. Oh hey we were talking about you over tea time this afternoon. Betty E. and Mrs. Bibby came over this afternoon for tea. Nice time of chitchat. :) They wanted to know what you'll be doign next year...Anyway, sorry I couldn't get a hold of you over the phone...we should talk sometime soon...it's been ages...sorta. :) I love you Becca! Love, flo

 
At 1/05/2007 9:00 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Beautiful thoughts, as usual, Becca. :o) Thanks for making us think.

I appreciate you. Just so you're aware.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home