Wednesday, January 24

A Necessary Love

Once upon a time

A man was hurt.

We knew him, but

Treated him like dirt.

He needed clothes,

And we’d just stare.

He needed food.

And we didn’t care.

He needed a drink.

And we’d just walk.

He needed shelter

And we didn’t talk.

One day the King will come.

He’ll be upset with us.

We’ll wonder why.

Then He will cry.

“Why did you leave Me?

Why didn’t you care?
Why’d you pass by?”

“Oh Lord, we didn’t!”

We love you so.

When were you hurt?

When did we go?”

“Truly I say to you,

as you do not do one

of the least of these,

you did not to me.”

Matthew 25:45

But if anyone has the world’s goods

And sees his brother in need, yet closes his heart against Him,

How does God’s love abide in Him?

I John 3

I must learn to love.

2 Comments:

At 1/28/2007 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is always a good time to love. This is the passage I used in the fellowship report. Great minds....

Because of God's love we are able to say "yes Lord, I am ready to love"

Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. You express yourself very well on your blog!! I love you.

 
At 1/30/2007 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good reminder; I know that I often don't help as I should.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home