Monday, January 15

I Remember


I remember trying to look over the counter-top on my tip-toes.
I remember dreading nap time.
I remember being small enough for a piggy-back ride.
I remember learning how to ride my bike.
I remember wishing I could do my own hair.
I remember helping the babysitters take care of everyone.
I remember sitting on the steps in the Old Sactuary during Communion.
I remember reading the day away.
I remember baking cookies by myself for the first time.
I remember growing out of my shoes.
I remember talking to my neighbor about Jesus, and praying with her.
I remember hoping that Mom would let me go to Alissa's after church.
I remember wondering where baby's came from.
I remember needing to find Mr. Pig before I could go to sleep.
I remember crying because Jacob was sick, and I was jealous.
I remember lying, and then having to tell on myself.
I remember whispering because Daddy said no more talking.
I remember pretending that I was a Mommy.
I remember telling Ellie she was my second best friend.
I remember asking Jesus into my heart four times in one night, just to be sure.
I remember preparing home dates for Mom and Dad in the dining room.
I remember loving my living baby dolls.
I remember seeing a dollar as small fortune.
I remember getting done with school in two hours, and still complaining.
I remember disliking coffee, and "why do you like it Daddy?"
I remember playing with Beth instead of going to sleep.
I remember living in another world.

6 Comments:

At 1/15/2007 10:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember those type of things too! it really does seem like another world...
I love you!

 
At 1/15/2007 11:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes. I remember all these things and more. I also remember a lttle girl who God called to be a big sister because she loves the Lord and would point them to Him. I love you Becca.

 
At 1/16/2007 7:38 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Becca, your posts never cease to awe me...and fill my eyes with tears. You're amazing.

 
At 1/16/2007 11:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, darling. Your post was like a hug from a very old, very dear friend. I needed that.

I love you.

 
At 1/17/2007 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

awww...Becca that was like the cutest, sweetest, bestest :) post ever! I love you!
flo

 
At 1/21/2007 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember the first time I met people in church, because unlike a lot of you, I was 6 when we moved back. I remember that you and Luke were the only kids in your family, and I remember you two sitting on a picnic bench that used to be in the preschool room in the church basement and drinking from sippy cups. You looked kinda like in that pic, but prolly a bit younger. lol. Sorry, just had to share that. It's so weird how age differences seemed to big then, and so small now!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home