Sunday, July 13

I Rejoice...

I Rejoice…
When Susan walks up to me with her pink sunshine face and says “I keep you.” It is her way of letting people know that she is grateful and she loves them.

When Ramona (speaks only Spanish) wanders into our room just to give us a hug.

When I wake up to the sunlight gracing the forest with glory. His mercy is new every morning.

When I can come to my Father with a plea for mercy, and I know He will grant my request.

When Robin answers her own questions in a different voice than she asked them in.

When Doreen wants to know more about Jesus.

When the wind dances with my hair and I remember that the Bible says the Holy Spirit is like the wind we don’t know where He comes from or where He is going, but He is with us.

When Patricia asks me to dance with her.

When Margaret is nasty and then grabs my hand with a twinkle in her eye and brings it to her lips for a kiss and an apology.

When Dottie asks, “…how come?”

When Elizabeth looks into my eyes and smiles.

When I get little notes of encouragement from fellow staff.

When I get to have my own room for the second time in my life (the last time was on my mission trip to Ridgefield Park, NJ). The best part is that the only person to talk with before I fall asleep is Jesus.

When I get mail from home!

When Tina comes up to ask if she is my buddy.

When I make time to practice Spanish before I go to sleep. (It has happened probably twice)

When I get lovely phone messages from dear friends. The sad part is that I can’t always call back.

When the Bible speaks directly to my heart and the Holy Spirit helps me know how to apply it.

When Elisabeth (the counselor) gives me a tight hug. She told Alfonse that “we know how to hug each other, thanks.” (When he was trying to show us how it could be better.)

When I found out that I am working with middle school girls this week. I hope to teach that age group someday.

When there are flowers in the rain. Last week when our power was out it was as if God placed them beside the bus just so that I could pick them and rejoice in His goodness even in the storm.

When my water battle is filled several times a day with cool refreshing “water of life”.

When I see the magnificent clouds and quickly remember that God made them to help me glorify His name, and His faithfulness extends beyond them.

When the name of the Lord is praised by the young and old campers that we have here at Grotonwood.

When I can lie down and sleep; confident that He loves me, because He gives His loved ones sleep.

When I get to take a shower after swimming in the lake. Which by the way is my favorite part of every day.

When Courage (my camper from the first week) sends me a letter that says she is praying every day that I will be her counselor next year. Lol.

When I can serve “the least of these”.

When love is so powerful that it brings pain.

When I remember that I am can do all things in Him because I am a daughter of the King.

When God places me under leadership that I can connect with and respect. (Thank the Lord for Alfonse!)

When I hear from my Mommy!

When a new week begins full of challenges and grace.

When my Daddy shows up just because he cares and rearranged his flight.

When I know that at the end of the day I have accomplished much because of the prayers of the saints (that’s you!).

I crave your prayers. Thank you for supporting me in this. These last few weeks have been the hardest weeks of my life, but they have also been the most rewarding. I am broken, but in my weakness He is made strong. God is growing me and His faithfulness reaches beyond the heavens. May His name be praised!

Rejoice in all things. Again I say, REJOICE!

1 Comments:

At 7/13/2008 3:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this post...

and yes, love is powerful and it does bring pain.

Praying for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home