Saturday, April 12

Then there was a rainbow...

Yesterday I enjoyed a lovely "fun day" with my girls. We went to the outlets and I got presents for my siblings. Lisa found $5 on the sidewalk so we decided God wanted us to stop and get icecream on the way back. We were even more convinced of the divine intervention when we discovered that Gretchen had never been to Dairy Queen.

After sharing a tin roof and a cheesequake blizzard we were happy girls. But it was still raining, and I mentioned that I wanted to see a rainbow. Lisa saw several when she was in Hawaii over Christmas break. *Sigh* I would love to go to Hawaii, maybe God has that in store.

Anyways, we got to the dorm and we decorated for the party. Dinner was rather uneventful, but on our way back to the room there was a rainbow. It was a huge bow of color arching through the sky boldly declaring that He loves us. I have never seen such a gorgeous display of promise. The rainbow was so bright that we could see it even against the clear blue sky. Needless to say the Lord took my breath away. He heard my request for a rainbow, and He decided to give us another reason to praise His holy name.

We walked back singing and enjoying the day that He had made. The party was a blast. We played Imagineiff, which is an excellent game. I discovered that I think too hard about things, and if I just step back and play the game I would not be behind all the time. That's ok.

We watched August Rush which I highly recommend. It's a very sweet movie. When I got back to my room I talked to Mom and sorta cleaned up my stuff. My thoughts turned back to the lovely rainbow in the sky. God keeps His promises. He's taken care of all the creatures. He has provided a Redeemer. The rainbow reminded me that Jesus Christ is King, and I have nothing to fear.

2 Comments:

At 4/12/2008 7:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That child is deprived... never going to Dairy Queen... I am glad you girls fixed that.

I also am glad you had such a fun day.

It is so cool that God loves to give us His blessings in little ways all over the earth... it is no wonder so many people come to Him through nature... like lightening bolts, spider webs, a blade of grass... it is all so wonderful.

I love you. God is good. Mom

 
At 4/12/2008 7:40 PM, Blogger Monica said...

We have August Rush on our list of movies to see.

Don't you just love nothing more than knowing the God delights to glorify Himself and bless us at the same time. So Good.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home