Tuesday, April 8

He's Calling


It’s a gorgeous day, and as many of you can testify, it is a whole lot easier to love God on a beautiful day. He made us from the earth, it’s no wonder that the weather impacts us. Hey, I’ve got a question for you. What’s your calling? Now, you may be thinking that you have yet to figure that out, and believe me I totally understand that. The question wasn’t necessarily directed at the people in the mid-fifties who have finally resorted themselves to that fact that they are done growing up and the work that God has given them is their life calling. The question is for them yes, but it was also for everyone. Even little Jerusha has a calling, and honestly, I think she fulfills her better than many of us.


To answer my own question, my calling is to love God with all of my heart, soul, strength, and mind. My calling entails spending time with God every moment of everyday. It also requires me to give myself to my studies. I am a student, for now this is my calling. There is more to a calling than an occupation. My calling is one of service. I am called to love those around me. I am to die to myself and live for Christ by living for others. My calling is to glorify Him. The opportunities to fulfill my calling today are endless.


Ok, so now that we are on the same page with what we mean by calling. Exactly how are your decisions going to reflect your calling? In what ways are you going to say “I want to glorify God today, and this is how I’m going to do that”? Life is more spiritual than we realize. Every moment we either choose to love God or to hate Him. There is no neutral ground. Today, how are you going to purpose to love Him?


Don’t think that I’ve got this figured out. It’s true that I’m a daughter of the King, but I’m adopted so this stuff doesn’t come naturally to me. It’s a hard process of sanctification, and from what gather it’s on going.


My parting thoughts: God doesn’t ever ask too much of us. Whatever it is that He has called you to today, He will sustain you. He is a big God and He has a big plan. We are simple minded creatures with limited plans. God has given His life for you, so don’t think that He is going to sit back and let you live yours exactly how you want. He is asking for everything, and expects nothing less.


“Let love be genuine. Abhor what is evil; hold fast to what is good. Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor. Do not be slothful in zeal, be fervent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. Contribute to the needs of the saints and seek to show hospitality.”Romans 12:9-13

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home