Monday, March 10

"So flee youthful passions and pursue righteousness, faith, love, and peace, along with those who call on the Lord from a pure heart." II Timothy 2:22

Sometime we like to trick ourselves into thinking that the Bible doesn't have much to say about some areas of our lives. What I have noticed is that I enjoy believing that lie when in reality I am just reading what I want to read. The Scriptures are packed full of truths that hit home so the question is not, for example, "why doesn't the Bible lay out a pattern for dating/courting, or even just guy/girl friendship?" Rather, the question is, "The Bible commands me to honor my parents, to flee youthful passion, to pursue righteousness, faith, love and peace, and a maintain a pure heart. Therefore, how can I die to myself in order to obey my loving Father in Heaven?"

The truth is that often when we believe the Bible is unclear or "hard to understand" the meaning of the passage we are dealing with is a simple one, but it's hard for our deceitful hearts to submit. Yet there is strength to be found in the Holy Spirit. Jesus promised that His yoke is easy, and I can bear testimony that walking in the light is a delightful thing though at times it can cause frustration. The law is not to bind us but rather to free us.

May we find refuge in the Word and in His holy way. Pursue Him and you will not be disappointed.

5 Comments:

At 3/10/2008 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Lord for the daily grace and strength you give us to follow your word... even when it is hard. Your promises are new every morning, great is your faithfulness.

I love you. Mom

 
At 3/10/2008 12:31 PM, Blogger Taylor said...

Great thoughts! Thanks for the insight.

I found your blog while searching for a friends blog. Your posts are very encouraging. Retain the heart and passion Christ has given you.

To Him who is able,
Taylor Geyman

 
At 3/11/2008 4:11 AM, Blogger Charity said...

"All Scripture given by inspiration of God and is profitable...for instruction in righteousness."

Thanks for the reminder and encouragement.

You should write a book. :)

 
At 3/17/2008 8:14 AM, Blogger Charity said...

p.s. I love you! Let's talk!

 
At 3/17/2008 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree... you should write a book. I will write the preface for you. It will be great.

Life is hard but remember the God of all things loves you with an everlasting love.

Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home