Monday, February 4

Learning to be thankful for...

phone calls late at night.
waking up before dawn to meet with Jesus.
history being discovered in the trees.
the beauty of the Lord’s song.
the hall outside of tiny dorm room.
the importance of post.
little children in the church.
valentines Day, even if I’m still the president of Anti-Valentines day.
old maps.
my ability to remember.
the Scriptures giving us the story of “in the beginning.”
thousands of dirty dishes.
piles of Spanish homework.
the wisdom of Proverbs.
the effort to not communicate my emotions in my eyes.
the great commission to the church.
the truth spoken in love.
the beauty of water.
laughing at the future.
a God who heals.
the ability to learn.
promises that are never broken, regardless of my unfaithfulness.
heaven.
people that I miss.
discipline, because He is worth it.
a broken world that makes me rely on Jesus for my everything.
the cross.
a rain puddle.
my freedom.
the sunrise.
this glorious day, for it is the only one that I can do anything about.

2 Comments:

At 2/05/2008 3:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss talking with you. We need your ray of sunshine around here. I am glad you decided to come home for break.

I do not think one ever stops learning to be thankful.

 
At 2/09/2008 4:40 AM, Blogger Charity said...

And God is so patient to keep teaching us about thankfulness.

Thanks for posting, dear Becca.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home