Saturday, December 22

Once Upon a Time

Tonight I’m sitting in “my” room trying to digest some Christmas food before taking a run. We just got back from Harrington Christmas. It’s fun to get caught up with uncles and cousins. I was reminded of Nonnie. I have been missing her lately. It’s not that I wish her back, but it makes me look forward to Heaven a little more. I wonder what she would think of all of us. She died before Jerusha and Keziah were born, almost eight years ago actually. She would be thrilled to know that I’m at Grove City studying Secondary Education concentrating in Social Studies. She used to give lots of hugs at our house, and I miss that. She wouldn’t really be helpful, in fact she made my mom really tired most of the time. Her spirit was encouraging. I have never met someone more excited about God’s faithfulness. She was a woman who had been through much suffering, and she was in love with her Savior. She loved her family. She loved my Mom.

I went evangelizing last night with Gary, Jennifer, and Austin. It was quite the time. We didn’t get into too many conversations with people, but it seemed there was a general interest in the tracts. It was good to be reminded of the Gospel again. I get so focused on myself at school that I forget the power of Christ and my dependence upon His work. I forget to share the good news.

Thursday was the CYA dinner. It was fun. I have some pictures that I’m going to put up on my picture blog. It was good to see people.

It’s nice being home. I plan on working but I’m going to wait until after next week because I’m cooking at Winter Conference. Basically I’ve just been helping out since I’ve been home. Being at school and then coming home is a very weird transition. I live in two different worlds and I almost feel like I’m going to wake up from a dream. I miss friends at school.
Please keep praying for my Mommy. She doesn’t feel well. God is the great healer and He knows exactly what is wrong even if the doctors can’t find it. Please pray that we will all be sensitive to her. Please pray He will sustain her in her time of need. God have mercy on my Mom.

Christmas is a rather sentimental time of year. I like it. I’m looking forward to going to worship at “my” church tomorrow. It’s fun coming home.

Alright, I think I’ll go take that run.

Peace be with you in Christ Jesus.

1 Comments:

At 12/23/2007 8:18 PM, Blogger Alex said...

O Becca Becca Becca. I love you...Really. And you are running! Thats great. I have not since I have been home. Ew. O well...I will be praying for you mom though! I miss you and have a wonderful Christmas!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home