Tuesday, December 4

An Update:

Grove City tucked under 5 inches of snow this afternoon. The peaceful flakes are still falling. They like to get caught in my hair as I walk to class, even though they are cold they make me happy. God didn’t have to make every snow flake unique, but He did.

At three o’clock I will be completing my last official LAB! It is a reason for great rejoicing.
We turned in our Foundations of Education project summary today. I am glad our project is over. Dr. Mackey assured us that teaching usually doesn’t take an average of 12 hour prep time per lesson. *Sigh* I’m excited to teach, but it’s going to be a lot of work.

Tonight I am going to try to finish my paper for History class. My basic thesis is that Christianity liberated women in Rome. It’s an interesting paper. There are sad elements to it. The more I study History the more convinced I am of human depravity. Abortion was just as prevellant in Rome as it is today. The worst part is women were far less likely to survive an abortion. On the flip side, History reminds me of God’s sovereign grace. Women were liberated from the oppression of Rome due to the new identity in Christ.

God has been working with me lately. He loves me and He wants to mold me into His image. It hurts sometimes. I have to trust that he knows what He’s doing. I don’t know how people go through life without the comfort and reassurance that a good and loving God is in control. He will have His way.

Ok, I’m going to get back to work.
Peace be with you in Christ Jesus.

2 Comments:

At 12/06/2007 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I totally agree. I have no idea how people get through life without the Creator.

 
At 12/09/2007 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

He Will have His way! What a great thought!!! These last few weeks can be frustrating but keep focused and know God loves you and will give you the strength to make it through finals.

The Smiths were in church today. It was so good to see them.

This pain persists but at least I know now what is causing it. God is good. I said esophagitis so many times today that I think I finally can say it right. Over break I think I will have to break the rules and have one cup of coffee with you. It will have to be a good one. I am still trying to figure this all out. Pray for clarity on this whole thing.

Keep focused and smile.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home