Monday, November 19

A Broken Moon

Tonight Keziah and I were out swinging, well actually she was swinging and I was pushing, but that’s besides the point. It was fun because she wouldn’t stop smiling. She has the most beautiful smile. At one point I grabbed her and the swing and just held her.
She said, “What are you going to do now.”
I whispered, “I don’t know. What are you going to do?”
She just giggled.
“Kez look, it’s the moon!”
“Oh, I see it. Aww… it’s broken.”
I smiled one of those broad smiles that is meant to communicate amusement to someone. Keziah didn’t understand why I was so pleased. After a moment I reassured her that the moon would get better. She decided to comfort the moon with the new information.“It’s ok Moon, your Mommy is going to fix you soon.” No wonder we have to have child like faith to enter into the kingdom of Heaven. Lord make me more like a child. Let me learn how to trust You to fix the moon.

This is why it’s good to come home. In college there seems to be lots of discussion, but the practicality of our conversation is minimal. We confuse ourselves with big words and loads of information/data. In the end, I think often times kids get it right.

I love you Keziah, and I’m really glad that I can spend some time with you this week.

3 Comments:

At 11/20/2007 12:30 AM, Blogger Charity said...

awww, I love your family so much.

It's so easy to get caught up in how "complicated" everything is...when we really just need to take the time to look at some things from a child's perspective.

happy thanksgiving, dear Becca. Have a wonderful time at home.

 
At 11/20/2007 8:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to say she is adorable.
Can you believe she is three and there is no one else coming along? We need to enjoy these moments as they come because soon she will be a teenager...not that there's anything wrong with that.

It is so wonderful to be able to see you everyday.

Thanks for all your help getting ready for Thanksgiving... it will be a great day.

 
At 11/21/2007 4:09 PM, Blogger Maria JoAnn said...

awww. How adorable!

Children are so smart in their simplicity.

I am glad you get to be home and spend some time with your family. Have a great Thanksgiving.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home