Wednesday, October 10

What I was thinking on this day... interesting

On this day three years ago:
Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work; you nor you son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested on the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it. Exodus 20:8-11

How quick we are to forget this command God gave us. As covenant children we do treat Sunday differantly. But do you really remember the Lord's words? Even in worship, sometimes I am more focused on the people around me then on God. It is a problem. We could all use a challenge in this area.

This day two years ago:
*Dreamy huge smile*
Hello,
My name is Rebekah and I love living. For the past several months (and longer actually if you really think about it,) I have been rather upset with the reality of my life. It's true, to my shame I have complained and sighed over how much work and struggle was required of my life. It's not that way right now. God is faithful to His people.*Another huge dreamy smile* I am just excited about His plans. He has so many good things worked out for us, and if we, if I am willing to sacrifice my desires and preferences to His will, life will be beautiful in ways I can't imagine.This week is not going to be easy, but who said it would be?! I am living for God, and that should be evident by the quality of my work, the smile on my face, and the kindess of my actions. Alissa and I were just talking about how dependant a "good day" is on attitude not circumstance. Honestly, the difference between good days and bad days can be nothing at all other than my heart attitude. It makes all the difference in the world. Hi, my name is Rebekah and I am a daughter of the King!"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to His great mrecy, He has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time. In this you rejoice, though now for a little while, if necessary, you have been grieved by various trials, so that the tested genuineness of your faith-more precious than gold that perishes though it is tested by fire-may be found to result in praise and glory and honor at the revelation of Jesus Christ. Though you have not seen Him, you love Him. Though you do not seen Him now, you believe in Him, and rejoice with a joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory, obtaining the outcome of your faith, the salvation of your souls."I Peter 1:3-9
May grace and peace be multiplied to you,
Rebekah

On this day a year ago:
Good Morning,
I'm glad you're awake. I'm glad you're smiling. I'm glad you have a reason to live today. I'm glad that you are my friend. I'm glad that God has blessed you, even if you don't know exactly how. I'm glad that today we're one day closer to Heaven. I'm glad that we get to serve Him. I'm glad that He loves us. I'm glad that He takes care of us. I'm glad that He has a day that is just for Him. I'm glad that it's fall. I'm glad that I get to go to school today, and that on Thursday I don't have to. I'm glad that I'm done with my lab report (all 8 pages of it!) I'm glad that I am feeling well. I'm glad that it's a beautiful day. I'm glad that you called. Oh, wait maybe you have yet to do that, but I'm glad that you will. I'm glad that God has me at 2RP. I'm glad that He knows best. I'm glad that our pastors are willing to follow His lead. I'm glad that I'm learning. I'm glad that yesterday we got to worship Him, and have communion. I'm glad that I can understand the Word He's given me. I'm glad that there are wiser men to explain it when I don't understand. I'm glad that I can love. I'm glad that I am loved. I'm glad that I have a duty in the Kingdom. I'm glad that I'm a daughter of the King.
A Happy Girl,
Rebekah Ann

"O happy people who are thus, o happy people who can say they have the LORD to be their God!" Psalm 144.

2 Comments:

At 10/10/2007 8:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are adorable. And what about what you are thinking today? We are going on a field trip and Anna is at the Michaels, remember those days? I miss you. Keep focused on what God has for you today. And smile.

 
At 10/12/2007 8:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should write an ode to Zorro.
It is so sad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home