Thursday, September 27

Angels


This morning I began to read Hebrews when I was spending time alone with God, and I was intrigued by how the author felt compelled to write about how Jesus was superior to angels. I began look up the verses about angels. I don’t know much about them, but now I know a little more. These verses are really incredible:

We know angels are sent to protect and serve God's people:
“For He will command His angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways. On their hands they will bear you up, lest you strike your foot against a stone.”Psalm 91:11-12

“See that you do not despise one of these little ones. For I tell you that in heaven their angels always see the face of my Father who is in Heaven.” Matthew 18:10 There are specific angels for the “little children” of the kingdom.

“Are they [angles] not all ministering spirits sent out to serve for the sake of those who are to inherit salvation?”Heb. 1:14

We know angels praise God:
“Bless the LORD, O you his angels, you might ones who do his word, obeying the voice of his word!” Psalm 103:20 We have authority to call on the angels to bless God.

“And all the angles were standing around the throne and around the elders and the four living creatures, and they fell on their faces before the throne and worshiped God, saying ‘Amen! Blessing and glory and wisdom and thanksgiving and honor and power and might be to our God forever and ever! Amen!”’Revelation 7:11-12 AMEN!

We know that on the last day the angels will gather the elect:
“And he will send out his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect for the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.”Matthew 24:31

“So it will be at the close of the age. The angels will come out and separate the evil from the righteous and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.”Matthew 13:49-50

We know that angels are subject to God and do His bidding:
“Do you think that I cannot appeal to my Father, and he will at once send me roe than twelve legions of angels? But how then should the Scriptures be fulfilled, that it must be so?” Matthew 26:3-54

“Let brotherly love continue. Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for thereby some have entrained angels unawares.”Hebrews 13:1-2

We know angels rejoice in salvation of men (they will not be saved), and angels will participate in the condemnation of men:
“Just so, I tell you, there is joy before the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”Luke 15:10

“And I tell you, everyone who acknowledges me before men, the Son of Man also will acknowledge before the angels of God,”Luke 12:8

“That is why a wife ought to wear a symbol of authority on her head, because of the angels.” I Corinthians 11:10

“For surely it is not angels that he helps, but the offspring of Abraham. Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people.”Hebrews 2:16-17

“The one who conquers will be clothed thus in white garments, and they will walk with me in white, and I will never blot his name out of the book of life. I will confess his name before my Father and before His angels.”Revelation 3:5

What does this mean to us today?

2 Comments:

At 9/28/2007 12:55 AM, Blogger Robbie Schmidtberger said...

it means we have a SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET savior Jesus Christ.

amen?

 
At 10/01/2007 5:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the time you read this you will be back at school and I will be driving away. Once again counting on the angels to watch over you moment by moment.

God gives us angels because we live in a fallen world. And somehow between the holy spirit and their watchful care we make it through this world. He thought of how to take care of all our needs, unseen and seen, what a God we serve.

It was wonderful to have you home this weekend. Thanks for all you do for the family. I can't believe break is so soon and you will be here again. The kids will have fun camping and seeing you on campus. Stay focused on what God has for you today. I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home