Thursday, October 4

Speaking for Myself

Today has been a wonderfully odd day. At the moment I am working on a rather strange History paper. It’s not due until Monday, but I’m wrestling with the question “Did Christianity Liberate Women?” At first I thought this would be the easiest topic to write on because I have strong feelings involved and some familiarity of primary sources, namely the Bible.
It’s going to be harder than I expected.
Ok I defiantly did not start this post thinking I would write about what I should be writing about right now. Wow, that was a lot of “rights/writes”. I’ve spent the last hour and a half reading these arguments and trying to make sense of what I’m going to be doing. Gretchen and I are in the Library and the chairs are lovely wood and Victorian style. After 67 minutes of being cooped up I decided I need to pee and take a short run. I found the bathroom which happens to be bright green in the Buhl Library and then made my way outside.
It is a gorgeous day in Pennsylvania, probably something like 75 degrees, clear skies and a nice breeze; so basically perfect. I ran as fast as I could to the first tree I saw. I was obviously barefoot and running in jeans with my hair partly down and my “I’m a Protestant… Really” necklace pounding up and down against my chest. I got to the tree, and then whirled around and ran to the next one. Before you know it I was stretching and doing all sorts of wild “Becca needs to take a break” moves. I’m sorta giggling at this point because crazy-fun-random things make me laugh. Running in the rain last week with Esther made me laugh… yeah things like that. Ok, I look up from my craziness and there are a dozen strangers walking towards me sorta trying to act like they didn’t just see that. They all happened to be male, and I quickly stood upright and ran for the Library laughing harder than before.
It’s a fun life.
There was pepper jack cheese at the sandwich bar at lunch. It made me happy. For Fit/Well (Grove Cities version of PE,) we have to keep track of everything we eat this week . It’s called our Nutrition Project. I wrote down that I had two slices of Pepper Jack Cheese *smiles*
There have been some hard things going on with my life lately. It’s not the end of the world, because God is in control, but I am feeling constant pressure to rely on Him alone. I like to feel comfortable and secure, but right now the only place I’m finding my comfort is in God. It’s a good thing. He’s given me joy in the midst of some trials. He’s a great God and greatly to be praised.
Ok, I really should get back to writing about how Christianity has liberated women- it sure has liberated me. Hehe.
*After twenty minutes of studying*
Gretchen and I are sitting in the Buhl Library with our feet up on the large oak table. We are facing each other with identical laptops both working on our History assignment. My side of the table is much messier than hers, mostly because I like to take up lots of space when I write a paper. I feel studious when I have lots of books and pages surrounding me.
I just thought I would add these fun facts.
*30 minutes after the last time I commented*
I am just getting up to get a glance at my emails and take another walk. Out of the corner of my eye I notice Dictionary of Irish Family Names. How random?
*20 minutes after I left for my “break”*
I ended up emailing Esther and receiving an important email from my Daddy. In the process Seth and Saundy walked into the Library. After a long hug and Seth making fun of us, he asked me how I was. I just smiled. He said, “Great?” I said, “Yeah, I’m great.” He said, “You’re always great aren’t you.” I sorta laughed and shook my head, “No, I am not. Although since salvation is what makes me great, and that never changes, I suppose I always should be great.” “Well, I think you are always great.”
That was sweet. We chatted for a bit. I hadn’t seen them in a week. It was fun. I’m back now working, sorta, on school.

1 Comments:

At 10/05/2007 9:37 AM, Blogger Robbie Schmidtberger said...

gotta love love - Seth and Saundy in particular ... And i have a book for your paper if you want it.. :-)

I havent seen you in awhile

 

Post a Comment

<< Home