Sunday, December 9

I Wanna Come Home

It's almost Christmas time. Little children believe that Santa is coming. People run around buying presents for one another. All the college students study their brains out for finals. It's almost Christmas time. I wanna come home.

I miss everyone this round. I was doing good until Thanksgiving break. It whet my appetite, "just let me come home". I finished my History paper yesterday. It feels so good to be done, although it was fun to write. I got to think through how Jesus Christ liberated women. It was sort of inspiring really.

We don't start finals until Friday. I'm not feeling well which isn't helping anything. I just want to curl up with a good book by a fireplace and read until I fall asleep. It will come soon enough; I just need to be patient.

I gotta go home.

Ok so I'm being a little whinny. I'm sorry. Jenna says that my illness has made me grouchy. She might be right. It's doesn't help that I am listening to Michael Buble's Home. Please pray for my Mommy. She doesn't feel well and she has a lot to do.

Well let's play a game. How about we count our blessings. I will get us started and then you can finish ok? I think it's a good thing for the children of God to be a thankful people. Here are some of our blessings from God:

Christmas and all the warm happy memories that are associated with our Savior's birth.

Freedom to worship God on His Day with His people.

Cell phones that allow us to stay in touch with the ones we love when we are far away.

Birthdays for little precious people like Jerusha Grace (she'll be six).

Postal service that enables us to send cards and packages to important people on their birthdays and such.

Rest amidst all the chaos of the season we can find rest in Christ especially on His day of rest.

Warm tea that helps us feel better when the world is so cold and our bodies are so uncooperative.

Hope when all the world is crying out in pain we have assurance in the glory and peace to come.

Photos that help us remember to pray for dear friends and family and give us more reasons to be thankful.

Love that binds us and gets us through this life. The Bible was true when it said, "Love never fails." "What manner of love is this that we should be called the children of God? But so we are."

Microsoft Word which gives us the ability to write papers in half the time and helps us with citation.

Prayer our petitions are made know to the Father. When we pray in thankfulness the peace of Jesus Christ guards our hearts and minds.

Peace which surpasses understanding.

Gifts not that it's all about material things, but gifts are nice. They are another expression of love.

Vehicles so we don't have to talk to church in this kind of weather.

Music which is God's way of communicating with our souls on a whole different level.

and the greatest blessing of all...

Jesus He left Heaven to come to earth to live the life we couldn't live, and to die the death we were doomed to die. Thank you Jesus Christ for Your sacrifice.

Glory to God in the highest,
and on earth peace among those
with whom He is pleased.

2 Comments:

At 12/10/2007 9:20 AM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

Yeah, I know how you feel.

 
At 12/12/2007 1:36 AM, Blogger Charity said...

What a beautiful list.
Christmas makes me want to go "home", too. Without snow and all the family, it just doesn't seem right at all. But it helps me to realize that my ultimate home is not here on earth. What a great Day when we will no longer have to long to see loved ones but will be with them forever.
I CAN'T BELIEVE RUSHIE IS TURNING SIX!!!!!!!!
And I need to call your mommy and see what's up. I'll be praying for her.
And for you with your finals! Work hard until the end, and then you will enjoy lovely Christmas! It will be worth it.
Get well soon, dear.
I love you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home