Saturday, November 13

love

"Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become as sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountians, but have not love, I am nothing. And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
Love suffers long and is kind; love does not envy; love does not parade itself, is not puffed up; does not behave rudely, does not seek its own, is not provoked, thinks no evil; does not rejoice in iniquity, but rejoices in the truth; love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there ar tongues, they will cease; wether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.

I Corinthians 13:1-8

3 Comments:

At 11/13/2004 7:54 PM, Blogger CFchampion said...

Memorized that chapter, it so awesome! it changed the way I thought about Love, true love.

 
At 11/15/2004 8:28 PM, Blogger Becca said...

hey 'way2many' nice to hear from you. It is great that you have a balanced view of love, as discribed in Scripture, that is not too normal for a highschool chic.

Shannon.
I want to say that I feel for you. I am so sorry. Perhaps that is not what you wanted to hear but it is the truth.
I want to remind of something. Jesus Christ's love, never fails.
"For I am persuaded that niether nor life, nor angles nor principlalities nor powers, nor things present nor things to come shall seperate us from the love of God which is in Christ Jesus our LORD."
Romans 8:38

Hey, no matter how much human/earthly love sucks, God's love shall endure. Everything works out for good, for those who love God and are called to His name.

That's my advice. I shall keep listening.

 
At 11/16/2004 6:33 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Man, I don't know how many times I've read that chapter all together. It's like a recharge whenever I do. Tiss one of my fave chapters.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home