Thursday, June 1

He Cares for Me

A small girl quietly stood,
wrapped in her coat and hood.
She was thin and she was pale.
She held a bird bold and frail.
To the creature I heard her say,
A thing I remember to this day:

"Shh, I know it's cold.
Baby bird, we'll be bold.
I'm here to care for you.
You see, it is my job to do.
Pain is here to help us learn.
Pain is here to make us turn.
Baby bird, God really cares.
He hears, and our burden bears."

She removed her coat at this,
and wrapped the bird in carefulness.
She didn't cease to watch him,
Even when the sky grew dim.

I decided I had to help her out.
Truly, I guess I had a doubt,
that God could really care for a bird
Because it seemed to me, very absurd.

"Little girl, why are you crying?"
She pointed to where the bird was lying.
I looked at her with a frown and a sigh.
Didn't she understand that things die?
She said, "Sir, he has a broken wing."
I said, "God cares about such a thing?
What makes you think that He would care
whether the birds on ground or in air?"

She said something I'll never forget.
At the moment when our eyes first met.
"God has to care Sir, it's His way.
I don't understand, but I will some day."

I would have turned around.
But what she said was so profound.
"I care, because He cares for me.
I used to be like this bird you see.
He loves. It's His way.
I hope you'll understand someday."

"...What manner of love is this, that we should be called Children of God?"

2 Comments:

At 6/02/2006 12:12 AM, Blogger Amy Thorne said...

You're going to make me cry, Becca! How do you do it over and over again?? Beautiful.
Love love.

 
At 6/02/2006 11:34 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

It is His way, praise God.

It's only for a season, and after that season, all will be renewed like the trees in the spring. I love spring. There's new and renewed life. Like what God does with us.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home