Tuesday, May 23

faith

I am excited to open a new chapter of life. I have begun my final year of highschool. Yeah, see when you're in Mr. Pulliam's writing class you never stop doing school so I'm a senior. I have faith that I will grow and change this year. I am excited. I have some summer goals, but I thought instead of making this all about me, that you guys should share what your goals are.

"Love does not begin and end the way we seem to think it does. Love is a battle, love is a war; love is a growing up."
James Baldwin

"Lets have faith that right makes might; and in that faith let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."
Abraham Lincoln

"I know that every good and excellent thing in the world stands moment by moment on the razor-edge of danger and must be fought for..."
Thornton Wilder

"Hope is a state of mind, not of the world. Hope, in this deep and powerful sense, is not the same as joy that things are going well, or willingness to invest in enterprises that are obviously heading for success, but rather an ability to work for something because it is good."
Vaclav Havel

What do you think of these?

7 Comments:

At 5/23/2006 9:35 PM, Blogger Amy Thorne said...

This is wonderful! I am so happy for you!! :D

 
At 5/24/2006 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have the hope and love quotes which are nice, but you are missing a faith quote.

 
At 5/24/2006 3:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
God

 
At 5/24/2006 4:06 AM, Blogger Charity said...

that is so exciting, Becca! I will be praying for you as you start your senior year of highschool.

Ohhh, Becca! I just looked at the pictures from the play on your picture blog for the first time today! It was soo fun seeing them again...that was such a great thing. I still haven't seen the DVD of the play. Did you guys ever get a copy? Hopefully, the Rays will give my brothers a copy to take to us when they come.

Anyway, I like the first quote, and love the 4th quote.

Good choice, Mrs. Long. :)

 
At 5/24/2006 9:28 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

I really like the first quote...

I have some goals for this summer too. Mostly just not feeling swamped with all my committments and surviving while still having fun. :)

 
At 5/24/2006 11:43 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

" To truly learn about faith, you have to take my class." Russell Pulliam
No, my Dad didn't say that, but I wonder if he ever thinks that. lol

 
At 5/29/2006 10:33 PM, Blogger erudil said...

I like the Baldwin quote.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home