Wednesday, May 3

how shall I then live?

Ok, I am happy. God is good, this week has been ok, and I am really excited to be where I am in life. I had a long talk with a girl from school today, and I just realized how easy God has made my life. I mean, I know that might sound strange, but seriously I have never struggled with the frightening things that so many girls struggle with. I have always known that I am loved. I have always known that God is with me. I have always understood what it is that I am supposed to do.

I am not saying that I never struggle. I have to wrestle with God about things all the time. What I am saying is that He has been so good. He has spared me from so much. I am thankful.

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed and I just want to be lazy and reject all the responsibilities God has given me. It's a wretched attitude. I feel like deserve to be grumpy. I don't.
"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I say, Rejoice.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
Philippians 4:4, 6-7

What an amazing promise? Sometimes I get really tired of guarding my heart, and I get anxious. You know what, God wants me to let my supplications and thanks be given to Him and then He will give me peace, and He will guard my heart.
If you read this blog post, will you please write something you are thankful for. It would be an encouragement to the rest of us. Thank you.

7 Comments:

At 5/03/2006 10:03 PM, Blogger Amy Thorne said...

Becca! I am so sorry that I don't come here as often as I should (not that it probably bothered you much anyway....) -- but I'm linking you to my blog so I won't forget!

I love you so much! And it's truly a blessing to read your loving and profitable posts! :O)

 
At 5/03/2006 11:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for campus golf.

 
At 5/03/2006 11:46 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I'm thankful for coffee, and fun songs on the radio.

 
At 5/04/2006 12:10 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

I'm thankful for AWESOME friends!

We need to do something together soon Becca! Love you -

 
At 5/04/2006 12:48 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I am thankful for God's love and forgiveness and mercies upon a person such as myself.

I am also thankful for the gifts that God has given me, the blessings that I don't find myself worthy of. One being my vehicle.

 
At 5/04/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Becca said...

I'm thankful for larger than life chalk hearts that say "love" in the middle.

 
At 5/04/2006 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for strawberry smoothies, and the free IWU
t-shirt I recieved today :o)

~kate~

 

Post a Comment

<< Home