Monday, May 1

"I love you" Tears

Most times tears are sad and marked with pain,
and then they fall with sorrow like hot rain.
Last night my tears were not of this kind.
They were, "I love you" tears.

Northside had communion last night.
If it was "only a service" I would have been alright.
I started to cry when it all dawned on me
I couldn't fight "I love you" tears.

Westside had their last service with us.
We didn't do much there wasn't a big fuss.
It's just when I realized they were leaving for always,
I began to cry "I love you" tears.

Worship is intense and real
that is why it was such a big deal
when these stood and were sent.
We all cried "I love you" tears.

Last night the tears streamed down my face
because part of my heart was moving to another place.
and that is why I couldn't stop
crying "I love you" tears.

I guess I didn't realize
how much I love all you guys.
I really do, but I have no fears
I just had to cry "I love you" tears.

4 Comments:

At 5/01/2006 9:06 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Yes me too.
I love you still, although the tears of love have ceased for now. :)

 
At 5/01/2006 11:42 AM, Blogger Katrina said...

*hugz* beautiful, Becca...

 
At 5/03/2006 6:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

But when I get where I'm going
And I see my maker's face
I'll stand forever in the light
Of his amazing grace
Yeah when I get where I'm going
There'll be only happy tears

 
At 5/04/2006 12:11 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

Becca -
That's the way I felt Sunday night too. Its a beautiful poem! :)

Anonymous -
I Love that song...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home