Tuesday, November 23

quotes

They build too low who build beneath the skies
--an inscription on a building in Washington, D.C

If what you're working for really matters, you'll give it all you've got.
--Nido Qubein

People prefer to follow those who help them, not those who intimidate them.
--C. Gene Wilkes

I never criticize a player until they are first convinced of my unconditional confidence in their abilities.
--John Robinson

Striving for excellence motivates you; striving for perfection is demoralizing.
--Harriet Braiker

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
Watch your words; they become actions.
Watch your actions; they become habits.
Watch your habits; they become character.
Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
--Frank Outlaw

Leadership is doing what is right when no one is watching.
--George Van Valkenburg

Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.
--Frank A. Clark

If you're going through hell, keep going.
--Sir Winston Churchill

The state of your life is nothing more than a reflection of your state of mind.
--Dr. Wayne W. Dyer

We shall draw from the heart of suffering itself the means of inspiration and survival.
--Sir Winston Churchill

To the world you might be one person, but to one person you might be the world
--Unknown

The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see, and knows what the mind cannot understand.
--Robert Vallett

In the Midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.
--Deepak Chopra

Every life has a story.
--A&E Biography

Many of life's circumstances are created by three basic choices: the disciplines you choose to keep, the people you choose to be with; and, the laws you choose to obey.
--Charles Millhuff

1 Comments:

At 11/23/2004 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some cool quotes! I like the second one. It seems so obvious on the surface, but if you turn it around it really gets you thinking.

So if I'm not giving my work all I've got, I'm saying it doesn't really matter. Then maybe I should either drop that activity and focus on what DOES really matter, or I should reevaluate my priorities--maybe it SHOULD matter to me.

I like #5 too. It's sooo true, and there's such a thin line between them. Sometimes it's hard to know the difference.

~Nirmala

 

Post a Comment

<< Home