Tuesday, August 9

another day for the King

Ok so only a couple more weeks until school gets completely started. I am sorta sad about the end of summer, but I also look forward to all that is in store this coming school year. I know that within these next months I will record heartache and struggles. I know I will be beaten time and time again by school and work and pressure. I know that there will be late nights when warm stinging tears roll down my tired cheeks in frustration and despair. And yet in all this I will be more than conquering. Christ promises me that in Him I will succeed. I will be able to do that which I do not wish to. I will be able to love and serve in ways totally against my natural inclination. A couple days ago, I was dreading my junior year of high school. Now I await it with great anticipation. Like the woman in Proverbs 31 I can “smile at the future.”


I think I am going to spend the day working on my car. At least that is what my mother wants me to be doing. My garden needs some work but I don't want to work on that until later because I am sorta burned and although I love being naturally colored by the sun I still am not like a total blonde who like would get re-crisped two days in a row.

Anyways, I hope you all are doing well. I know I have posted in a long time and that is just the way it is. I am working on many things around the house and elsewhere and that is really the only excuse I have. I will do better this school year because I will be sitting at the computer so much more than I do during the summer. Ok well moving on.

I will get to work now. Have a fantastic day.

2 Comments:

At 8/10/2005 11:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

When you were talking about being ready to do your junior year of highschool it reminded me of this verse: "But now finish doing it also, so that just as there was the readiness to desire it, so there may be also the completion of it by your ability." II Cor. 8:11 just something to keep in mind. I'll be praying for you!

 
At 8/10/2005 2:46 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Flo thank you so much for the verse. That is really really cool. I think I will memorize it and put it on my school desk or something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home