Monday, August 1

hello everybody

So yes my siblings are all gone. Except for Luke and Keziah that it. Mother is working very hard on getting school all figured out for everyone. I have been trying get myself organized for this next year as well. Thus far I am just beginning to get school supplies and all that jazz.

Anyways, there are very few people home to read blogs so I sorta feel like I am talking to a wall or something. Well not exactly because there are those of you who read it that would be greatly offended if I referred to you as a wall. Therefore, I will simply say that I miss many of my friends and await all of your returns with great antisipation.

I am in the midst of working on Mr. Pulliam's stuff for the summer. Those of you who have ever taken the class know of the misery of which I speak. I don't understand the benefits involved with doing summer homework, but I will not complain. It's not becoming.

I watched i am sam last night. I enjoyed the movie, and it brought me to a new realization of Christ's truth. I was convicted that I get this feeling that women (and men, but for now women) who have a nice job, and like one kid, and like a beautiful house, etc etc etc, well they just seem to have everything figured out. When in reality people like that are hurting, lost and afraid. Now the question is, how do I get close to a person so that they are open with me and with themselves on the subject of the eternal position of their soul. I need to try harder. I have a reason to live. I have a hope, and a faith that will never die. There are so many who do not. Who am I, to, on the assumption that they don't want to be bothered, ignore the immortal soul that is racing headlong for distruction?

At any rate, it has been another beautiful summer day, with it's ups and downs. I have work to do, so I will say farewell.

3 Comments:

At 8/02/2005 3:48 PM, Blogger Daniel said...

I am confused. Are all women who have nice jobs, one child and beautiful houses all hurting, lost and afraid?

 
At 8/03/2005 1:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebekah,
Your blog is the first blog that got commented on while on my new computer. Feel very special. So, I hope you are having a marvelous week and that you are getting super stoked and all ready for school.

 
At 8/07/2005 3:18 PM, Blogger Jen said...

hey darlin! I am reading your blog and you sound sort of depressed. I mean.. not horrible, but you just sound sad. So I wanted to say I love you and hope you are happy today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home