Thursday, February 9

Isn't it interesting...

Do you ever wonder how much of our lives we don't know? I mean, in the book of Job the plot of the story is revealed to the readers of God's Word, but not to Job himself. Do you think that as we speak God is instructing the devil how far he can go with us His children?

Sometimes I rediscover the fact that the things I go through don't only effect me. When I struggle, that situation or issue isn't cut off from those people around me. When God answers my prayers with "no" it may be because He answers someone else's prayers with "yes." The amazing part is that our God is so powerful, so wise, so wonderful, so beyond comprehension that everything works together for our good and His glory. It's not like, my gain is some elses lack. When we are in the body everything has an effect on everyone in one small way or another. It's really really complex, and Heaven is going to be even better.

I'm really excited that we have Biblestudy tonight. I'm looking forward to it.

*Becca gets up from computer to go and make coffee*

Ok you guys I am a little concerned about this whole college/major decision. (Ok that was sorta funny you've got to admit. lol.) The more I think, talk and pray about it the more I am at a loss. I really don't want to switch half way through the process. I want know my direction and walk the path.

I was talking with my dad about it the other night. I asked him where the line should be drawn on being gifted in something and doing that, or going after something that requires more discipline and dedication, that doesn't come as naturally. See, alot of the things that nurses have to work with just don't come to me naturally. Paying attention to details is something I need grow in, and I have trouble pain. I mean that, I feel people's pain in a very real way. Nurses need to be compassionate, so that is good, but I would really have to train myself to handle a lot. I guess that is true for everyone right? My question is, there are things that come to me naturally, for example speech, drama, History, etc etc., does that mean that I should develop and use those gifts in the area of teaching or something of that nature? It would be really great if you would pray for me in this. Those of you who already are praying, thank you so much. I know that God will hear you and answer in His good time. Plus, as a few have said, there are things that I am not even considering that may be God's best. So...

Something that I haven't been able to get off my mind lately is elderly care. I love talking with older people. I really love to encourage them, and make them smile. I love to learn from their wisdom and help them in any way I can. So I wonder, is this my calling. Should I major in basic nursing and something like History or communications and then work with the elderly. I talked with Daddy about that too. The cool thing is that I could see myself doing that, because intense nursing training wouldn't be so much of an issue, and I could also do things I love like gardening and cooking. I am thinking about a job where I do house calls or something, and just spend a few hours a day helping people. I know stuff like that happens, but I don't know how you go about studying for it. I just feel my gift of emotional/spiritual inspiration could be greatly used in that way.

Well, that is just an update on my life. I need to get myself some coffee and head off to Christina's. Thank you for listening and for your prayers. I love you guys.

8 Comments:

At 2/09/2006 5:05 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I remember how confusing it was before I had decided my major. I was just as lost. I knew I was good at math, but I didn't think I was smart enough in math and wondered if that was something I could train to become better in or if it was a sign that math wasn't for me. But somehow, God showed the way, and now I'm writing "mathematics education major" on all my college and scholarship applications. There are still things I'm uncertain about, the big ones being which college to go to and how I'm going to afford it. But I'll just keep praying and God will provide the answer. And I'll pray for you that He will reveal His plan in His timing and that it might come soon and that you might be content to wait until then.

 
At 2/09/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger Katie said...

P.S. I used to comment as Kat but I changed my blogger display name back to what people call me. Sorry if its confusing!

 
At 2/09/2006 6:46 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

It's a big decision. I'll be praying for you. God will guide you to where you belong. =)

You are loved as well. ;)

~Jeremiah~

 
At 2/09/2006 10:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

My darling Becca.
I love you!
I think Alaina's advice was the absolute best... and I want you to know that every time I think about whether I am going to get into nursing school... I am going to pray for you.
Also remember... you aren't the only struggling with life and future. Remember that you can get a boat load of good advice (and it is a good thing), but you will have to wade through this struggle for yourself. Unfortunately no one can do it for you. Because if I could do it for you I honestly would... even if I could just lighten your load.
I love you deary and I want to have a big huge cup of coffee and a long talk soon! *hugs*

 
At 2/09/2006 11:25 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Sounds wonderful Jen. You're right, I can't complain. God is so good. He just wants me to learn and grow in His likeness.

 
At 2/10/2006 6:33 AM, Blogger Ellie said...

Not knowing what's gonna happen in the future is something everyone struggles with. Sometimes I wish God would just tell me how my life is all going to work out so I wouldn't have to be so stressed out about different things. I'll keep you in my prayers! :) I love you -

 
At 2/10/2006 10:43 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

What Ellie said reminded me of something.

Sure, we would like it if God showed us His plans for out lives. For what reason though would we have, to rely on Him if He already told us everything that is going to happen?

You can compare this to driving. If you already know the way, you don't need to rely on the person holding the map. But if you don't know the way, you have to rely on the person.

In the drive of life, God is the person with the map (which he made) and only He knows the way for us. We have to rely on Him.

Of course you will still be in my prayers.

 
At 2/12/2006 2:30 PM, Blogger erudil said...

History is obviously the best major! :-) I guess this is what you get when you ask the history major.

Please always remember that, no matter what is going on, God loves you and has a wonderful plan for your life. Nothing that you learn and nothing that you properly desire is pointless: God will use all of your knowledge and all of your proper desires in your life somehow.
Given what you say in this post, I'd think that the elder-care idea sounds good. Perhaps you could do nursing and communications and end up specializing in rehab for elderly persons?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home