Tuesday, June 6

I'm still here...

Well, Flo and I have had an excellent week thus far. We have gotten a lot of good things done and it's been wonderful spending lots of quality time together. My garden is coming along very nicely. We had a bit of an emergency when I was transplanting some sunflowers because as the beginner that I am I didn't realize how quickly one must water a transplanted sunflower. In literally second the small plants wilt to a deathlike position, and I sorta freaked out. It's going ok now. They aren't as happy as they were, but I think after another long drink today they will be on the mend. They will soon realize that their new place of life is better than where they were, but at the moment they haven't seen the light.
I thinned my corn last week. Well actually, I rearranged. I don't like to let anything go to waste in my garden. See. the corns that were too close together had to be transported to a part of the row that had a gap. It's true that this takes longer than thinning, but it is defiantly easier for my heart to handle.
We said goodbye to Evelyn and Rut on Sunday night. Agh, everyone is leaving. I know that it's all good, and I am glad that things change...
Change is hard.
I have been trying to get a digital camera, but it appears to be that God does not intend for me to have one as of yet. I'm ok with that, (yeah, good move Bec) because I am confident that there has to be a perfect little camera out there for my needs.
Well, I think Flo and I are going to go on a bike ride like old times. We used to spend many summer afternoons bike riding at our old house. Have a wonderful week. May God face shine upon you. May you glorify and enjoy Him forever.

6 Comments:

At 6/06/2006 5:06 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I'm glad the sun flowers are doing well despite the hardships of moving from one home that they were born in, into a new invironment. Plants and people can be so much alike at times.

Glad you're having a splendifferous time with Flo. I enjoy being with Joshua a lot also. Too bad he had to move to MI. *sigh*

Such a good gardner.

~Jeremiah~

 
At 6/06/2006 9:04 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey girlio... have I told you how much I love you my friend? :) ahh well I do. So ... are we all set for Thursday? Is flo going to be here still.. cause it would be super fabulous to see her too. If not I understand though. Have a fun night. I am going to have sister time... or time with the parents. *hugs*

 
At 6/07/2006 9:53 PM, Blogger erudil said...

Yeah, no poison ivy (although I didn't know that), but you do have the nettles and the whynn (spelling?) bushes.

 
At 6/08/2006 5:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice use of splendifferous Jeremiah!

 
At 6/08/2006 8:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, that men would give thanks to the Lord for His goodness,
And for His wonderful works to the children of men.
For He satisfies the longing soul,
And fills the hungry soul with goodness.
Psalm 107:8-9

 
At 6/08/2006 9:58 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

lol Why thank you John.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home