Sunday, July 16

Psalm Sing

This evening there was a Psalm sing at our church. Several people joined us from around the Presbytery. It was really awesome to see the church filled up and hear words of praise resound. I love Psalm sings, and this evening was no exception. We had a small dinner to serve after it was over, and it was fun to dash around making punch and filling cookie trays.

Tomorrow our team will be doing some garden work for the church. I am excited about getting to do that. I miss my garden, but hopefully getting dirty tomorrow will help me be able to wait until I get home. Plus, Daddy has done some work out there for me, so it should be fine even though I am not there.

Thus far we have gotten along really well as a team. Worship was wonderful today as well. It seems that I am finally connecting with the church. I guess it takes about two weeks to really get comfortable. I don't know, I have always loved them, it's just now I feel like I know them too.

Tonight the girls are coming over to hang with Philip and I at the Martins. On Friday we had a sleep over, which was great. See, Lexie and Alison live at different houses, so it's nice to have sleep overs sometimes.

This week we are going to do some more door-to-door, and what else I am not exactly sure, but please pray that God will direct us in the way we should serve. Mr. Chin says that there is tons to do, but it's hard to know what is the most important. Our Esther play got called off because of some planning difficulties. Now we have a bit more time to work with as far as getting stuff done for the church and such.

Thanks for praying for us. I come home in nine days, so please continue to pray that we'll get along well, and that God will be glorified in all that we do. I am learning lots and lots, and I have some ideas for things to do with our church when I get home.

Have a wonderful week, and I hope to hear from you guys.

1 Comments:

At 7/16/2006 11:18 PM, Blogger erudil said...

It's been nice to be at Noells' house. They've hosted us for dinner four times and for part of this afternoon :-)
Please know (although you probably did already) that we've all been praying for you down here, although perhaps it's more because Philip's on the team than for any other reason.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home