Wednesday, August 23

Faith


"Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin, yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? Therefore do not be anxious, saying, What shall we eat? or What shall we drink? or What shall we wear? For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." ~Jesus Christ in Matthew 6:29-34

My faith is lacking. I so often think that when I pray, God hears me, and He could answer, but He won't, because... just because. It's sinful. I have such a hard time trusting Him. It's truly crazy. He is the most faithful Being, and I can't be sure that His promises will come true in due time?! He is the most wise, and I can't trust His discissions? He is the most loving, and I can't feel secure with HIs way?! When will I learn?

I've been nervous about future stuff recently. Jesus is right, if I put His Kingdom first then the things that I am concerned about will work out for my good and His glory. He is faithful. He will show me the way. I must pursue righteousness. It pleases Him.

I've read through the Sermon on the Mount before, but it brought so much comfort today, that I thought I should share it with you. God is teaching me faith, and I know that some of you are dealing with these things as well. Before you go, reread the promise of our Savior, maybe aloud.

Isn't He amazing?

3 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 9:57 PM, Blogger Jen said...

He is amazing. Thank you dear... I loved your post and was very encouraged by it. :) Amazing beauty of the Lilly... I think I need to put a picture of a Lilly in front of my face at all times to remind me that He will and does care for me.

 
At 8/23/2006 11:25 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Yeah, I've been thinkin' alot also and try to just give it to God. Then I think upon the situation again.

Our conversation from Barstucks comes to mind.

Good eve.

 
At 8/24/2006 12:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is good advice. God would never lead us to believe He will do something that He will not do. He is faithful to His Word always. Nonnie knew this with her whole being.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home