Sunday, July 30

I am home... I have been home

Hello, I am back home again in Indiana. I got here on Tuesday afternoon, but our dell crashed in a storm on Wednesday night so I am just now getting a chance to post.

The mission trip was amazing. I had an incredible experience and I learned many things. Thank you all for praying for me. I know that God heard your prayers and answered in them in ways that we don't even understand.

Over the next few weeks we've got a few things planned. Our family is going to spend a few days in Chicago, and then I will be getting my wisdom teeth out on the 18 two days before Marian starts so that should be interesting. I have several friends moving away for college this month, and I don't know how we are going to handle that, but God will see us through.

I have been asked how my trip was, and what I learned several times, and so I shall do a bit of answering to those questions now. I am still trying to figure out all the things that God wanted me to learn, but I have done some sorting, and I hopefully by writing it all out I will do some more.

One of the really exciting things about our mission inRidgefield Park, New Jersey was the incredible focus on God. I learned how important it is to live for God on a moment by moment basis, rather then "get back with Him" after doing my days activities.

As far as witnessing goes, the people around the New York City area are really hard people. They think they've got the answers, and they don't want to talk about God. After spending some time there I have come to be very thankful for the people God has put in my life here in Indiana. The people in Indianapolis are a lot more open. I have been challenged to share the truth of the Gospel to people. When it comes down to it we are here to love God and love people, one of the most loving things that we can do (for God and for people) is to share the Gospel. It needs to be the way we think. We need to be ready to reach out to those that God brings in our path. Also, don't get discouraged about a lack of response. We knocked on hundreds of doors and only one family responded to the VBS invitations by coming, but Pastor Martin reminded us that we are responsible for people's response, we are simply told to speak the truth in love.

Ok, well there are a million more things to share. I will try to update with pictures at a near date, but we'll see.

I hope you all had a wonderful day of worship. May we praise Him forever.

2 Comments:

At 7/31/2006 7:13 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Welcome home. You've been missed. I'm glad your missions trip was a blessing.

In response to your comment: Yeah, it is, and again, yeah, it is. heh Amy pinched my cheeks... ¬_¬; Many people commented the tie, knowing how I felt. I simply told Lew, it was his fault if young girls started swooning left 'n right in the dining room. =P

One good thing came out of this: I finally made myself learn how to tie a tie. heh

 
At 8/03/2006 2:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree. I was sooooo grateful for the atmosphere of Indiana after being in Seattle for awhile. People there are incredibly liberal and closed to the gospel.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home