Tuesday, July 18

Amazing love, how can it be, that Thou my God shouldst die for me?

God is amazing. His love is beyond comprehension. This last week I have been overwhelmed with the truth that Jesus Christ endured seperation from His Father on the cross. I have just begun to realize that God poured out all the wrath and hate that He has against sin on His Son Jesus. He cursed Him so that we could be blessed. He rejected Him so that we could be brought in to the Kingdom. He was led to the slaughter so that we might be led to the banqueting table.

How can it be that Jesus should die for us? Jesus was the beloved Son. The cross was the greatest act of love the world has ever known and will ever know. Why do we think and talk about it as if it were a casual thing? Jesus is the King, and we were the enemy. He died so that we could love Him. Before He saved us we hated Him. Now we are free to love Him, and let us decide to love Him with all our hearts this day.

Let us please Him. May we be overwhelmed with thanksgiving and praise. If we restrain the rocks will cry out. Let us join with all creation adoring our Holy God. Is He not worthy?

2 Comments:

At 7/18/2006 2:36 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Amen

I am home now, and you aren't and that basically just makes me really super duper sad and impatient. I miss you. Love you! See you whenever I can.

 
At 7/18/2006 7:45 PM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

Hope everything is going well. We just had a great sermon that included this and it tied it in really well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home