Tuesday, August 8

Anna's 13th Birthday

Today my little sister Anna turns 13. Our family now has five teenagers, and life is getting crazy. I want to share a few things about Anna. She's been my baby sister basically since I can remember. I do have memories of life without her, but I don't remember her coming home, given that I was only four, and since she is the last of us three girls it's sorta special that she is 13 today.
Anna is a very practical girl. She doesn't get caught up in the teenaged drama like most girls her age. She isn't consumed with boys or makeup or anything meaningless like that. Anna tends to have find her nitch watching little people. She has basically taken on the responsiblity of raising Keziah, (sorta a joke, sorta not) as a result Kez loves her. Anna spends a lot of time babysitting children, and she does a great job of it. I would dare say that Anna is a better babysitter then I am. She tends to get down the level of the kids and play with them in ways that I just can't bring myself to do very often. I respect that about Anna. She never is too proud for kids.
Anna also has a very creative side. She is sorta funky in her stlye but that ok because it makes for a unique bedroom layout. The three of us girls tend to have trouble agreeing on anything. Thankfully this last summer we painted our room "a hint of cherry" and we all love it.
Anna is a very strong person. She doesn't buckle when life takes a hard turn. Unlike her older sisters Anna doesn't get overwhelmed very easily. She takes life in stride, and as long as things are going somewhere shes basically happy to be alive.
Anna also has a strong sense of justice. I don't know if this will be a deciding factor for her carreer or if she will simply use it when she becomes a mom someday, but it is a useful gift God has given her.
Another beautiful thing about Anna is that she takes pleasure in little things; mostly she doesn't need expensive stuff. Anna and I have tons of fun together when we both just relax and enjoy the interesting family God has given us. I think relaxing is the key. By relaxing I mean not demanding our own way, just allowing God to work out His plan in His good time.

Anna, I love you sweetheart. I hope you have the most amazing birthday any 13-year-old could wish for. May you enjoy every moment of everyday that God has assigned.

2 Comments:

At 8/08/2006 10:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Anna! I love you, girl!

 
At 8/08/2006 4:06 PM, Blogger Katrina said...

Awww...Happy Birthday, Anna!! :) :) *huge hugz* I hope that you have an awesome day. :)

(okay, and a side note, it's just CRAZY that there are 5 teens in your family now!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home