Monday, August 21

*Smile*

I started classes today. I am really excited because the day went well. I think I am going to enjoy this year. I have a lot going, but in the end if I work hard I will have good grades and be happy. I do need to work hard. It's not about me, or the grades even. It's about: "Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will recieve the inheritance as you reward. You are serving the Lord Christ." Colossians 3:24. Frankly, I don't like to think about that verse when I turn in papers that aren't done to the best of my ability. I like to think that it's ok to slack off when I have a "good" reason. The truth is Christ's name is on my paper, because I bear His name. Therefore I take it in vain when I don't work heartily unto Him.
Let's try this year to work on excellence. It's so important to think about God and what He expects of us. It's not all about school, that's not what I'm saying. It's about serving God where He has you. Right now God has me at Marian to be a student. He has me as a big sister and a daughter. He has me at 2nd RP to be part of the body of Christ. He has me in different places for a reason, and it's exciting. Right now I am exactly where He wants me to be. Everything that happens in my life will work out for my good and His glory, how awesome is that?! He has promised us in Romans 8, and I believe Him.

Ok, have a great day.

2 Comments:

At 8/23/2006 1:02 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

*Smile*

 
At 8/23/2006 1:59 PM, Blogger Jen said...

It makes me smile to know you are smiling about classes. May God continue to bless us with grace as the school year unfolds. Thanks be to God that we can go to school!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home