Monday, November 6

something he said...

Last night we said goodbye to our beloved pastor and friend James Faris. Second RP is going to miss James. When he preached his last sermon last night he said something I had never thought about before, and something that I will never forget. He was talking about how 2RP won't miss the work of the Lord, but we will miss James' work. The thought dawned on me: I will never have to miss my Lord. All the goodbye tears that I have shed over the last year, none of that will ever happen over Jesus. He is with me. He will never leave me. He will always be my intimate friend.

Last night I was wrapped in the arms of my church, and blessed. I thank God for our congregation. We are facing hard times, and yet through it all we will praise the One who has saved us. We will praise the One who will never leave us. We will praise the Who loves us with an everlasting love. We will grow in love, because this is His way.


3 Comments:

At 11/06/2006 4:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

I love you dear, and I am praying for you. How amazing and wonderful that God will never leave us?
It has been a year full of good byes of all shapes and sizes hasn't it? Speaking of it... it makes me miss you more :) Love you dear.

 
At 11/06/2006 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to be there...but God had other plans.

Praise be to the Lord God for his faithfulness.

Thank you for sharing the truth with us.

I love you, my friend.

 
At 11/06/2006 7:45 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Thanks Jenny and Valerie. I love you girls.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home