Friday, October 13

you know what...

It's really wonderful to be a Christian. It's really wonderful to be able to say no to sin. It's really wonderful to just... serve God and know that someday I'll be able to please Him perfectly. I just forget sometimes what I have been saved from because there isn't a clear time that I remember not trusting in Christ. Yet, He has saved me from horrible things on earth and for eternity.

If you've ever read "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God" you know what I'm talking about. I would suggest reading it again. We had to for school last week, and even though I've read it before, it was worth the reread. God has been so gracious to us and He deserves all our praise. He deserves all our service. He deserves all our love and affection. He is worthy. We must tell the world. We must proclaim His praises to all men.

Sometimes I think that I have to be witnessing for people's sake. It's true, but I'm even more motivated (f0r better or for worse) when I witness for God's sake. He is worthy of the praise of all people. The kids I know that are not Christians are His enemies and they are defying Him. For His Name's sake I should talk of His greatness to those who are unsaved. Hell is a horrible place, and we know so many who are headed there.

Also, I don't always have to sit down and go through the Gospel message with someone. I can just praise God in my conversation. When I refrain from giving Him credit, it's wrong:

Example:
Friend at school: "You're happy today."
Myself: "Yeah. *smile*"
Friend from school: "Any reason?"
Myself: "I'm just happy."

I failed to give God the credit for the hope that is within. I took it. It was wrong. I should have said something like, "Yeah, God is my God, and He has saved me. *smile*" Because that is the turth. In a way I'm bearing false witness. I am also refusing to praise Him in front of someone who might think I'm obsessed (which would be ok really) or strange, or just a goody-goody. Well, who cares what they think. What does God think when I take credit for His work in my life. I wouldn't be happy without Him. He is my joy.

Ok... I'm done.

2 Comments:

At 10/14/2006 12:51 AM, Blogger erudil said...

I would like to have your joy and enthusiasm. I do have joy in Christ and enthusiasm for Christ's works, but it's so often hard to remember to serve God faithfully, to remember God's care for me. Had my dad's diagnosis today gone ill, I believe I would have been able to praise God nevertheless, but it would still be crushing me. Praise God that he has made you an inspiration for others!

 
At 10/14/2006 6:03 AM, Blogger Becca said...

Nathaniel, I don't want to come across like the Christian who is always on top. God knows how often I fail to find my joy in Him , how often I turn to myself or others to find fulfillment.

It is about Him. He has saved me, and changed my heart. Any benefit my life is to anyone else here on earth is entirely due to His grace and power. May He be exalted forever more.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home