Tuesday, September 19

what the world needs now

Alright, so life as a home school student has been wonderful. I'm enjoying my last homeschooling year, and it's a bitter sweet thing really. I enjoy being here. I love my home. I love being homeschooled. I'm planning to move out in less than a year, and only God knows exactly where I will be. All the little concerns haven't hit me yet (e.g. getting myself a 12 oz. coffee maker for our dorm.) The bigger ones have hit me.

Love has hit me. The world needs love. At the moment I live in a world that is lovely. I am not talking perfect, most of you can affirm that the Long home can have moments of stress and disorder. I'm talking about being loved. I'm loved here. Love is a familiar thing. When I go to Purdue, a lot of the girls won't understand love. Sure, people all long for love. We all have an idea of what love should look like, but I John tells us that people can only truly love when they know God. There are lots of people who don't know God. There's lots of people who don't know love.

Love, what a hard concept? What does it mean anyway? There are a million ways to love people. We pass them up, because we love ourselves more. I know, it's nasty to think about, but it's true.

What the world needs now is love, sweet love. Christ died, surely we must love.

5 Comments:

At 9/20/2006 7:49 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Isn't love amazing?
It is also what makes me think "NO Becca can't move away." I will miss you dear. Lets make the most of this year we have.
Love you!

 
At 9/20/2006 12:50 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

I agree.

Okay, so now you're going to Purdue. Okay. heh

 
At 9/20/2006 8:35 PM, Blogger Charity said...

I am SO excited that you are (Lord willing) going to Purdue!! :o) I hope God blesses you immensly there! Are you still going to be a nurse, or has that changed, too? We should chat about life again...maybe I will email you. Hope you're having a wonderful week! Thanks for all the encouraging reminders on here. I love reading them!

 
At 9/21/2006 11:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becca, Just wanted to say hi and that I have really enjoyed your last few posts, they are very encouraging and their focus makes us turn our eyes to our creator, so thank you.
I love you so much!
Alissa

 
At 9/21/2006 1:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits: ... Who redeems your life from destruction, Who crowns you with lovingkindness and tender mercies..." -Psalm 103:2,4

 

Post a Comment

<< Home