Saturday, September 16

something true



















We all need.
Every moment of every day I have needs.
Some of them are simple: I need to blink. *blink*
Some of them are hard: I need love.
Love has always been a part of my life.
Love comes at a high price.
The greatest demonstration of love the world has ever known is also the greatest sacrifice.
Christ's work meets needs.

It's nice be needed.
I often find fulfillment in being needed.
I need to be needed.
I fight pride in my being needed.
I fight the desire to meet the needs of those I love when I should not.
Sometimes I hinder people in their sactification because "I can do it."
The truth is, I can.
Just like I can blink. *blink*
The truth is, I forget.
I cannot.
I am not... apart for Christ's work.
My eyes would not blink had God not constructed, created and ordained them to do so.
I would not fulfill people's needs had God not created, redeemed, and ordained me to do so.
Glory being the goal in mind, for Him.
Holiness being the way I give Him glory.
He wants me to be humble.
He wants me to remember.
He wants me to remember that He meets my every need.
He always has, and He always will.
The entire world needs Him.

We just forget, because "we can do it."
*...blink*



Psalm 23

3 Comments:

At 9/16/2006 7:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mommy I know the truth. Lovely Jerusha..now we know where she gets it. I love you.

 
At 9/17/2006 8:21 PM, Blogger erudil said...

We all need God. God has a use for each of us, as each of us is needed by someone else.

 
At 9/18/2006 2:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home