Wednesday, October 4

of life as I wish to live it

It’s a gorgeous day here in Indianapolis. The sky is gigantically blue. The trees cast vulnerable glances. Some of them have lost more than half their protective leaves. A proud pumpkin set on our porch keeps away strange visitors. In the case of a scary man with a black hood coming to the door while my parents are out, he wouldn’t dare come in the house. The pumpkin would bring him to the realization that there must be a fairy godmother (how else could it seriously be that big) around, and a Cinderella preparing for the ball. If he were to interfere he would be turned into a horse or something useful. The pumpkin keeps us safe. On second thought, maybe I should be ready for an exciting evening.

Alright, enough fun. I have piles of homework. Although, this post is going in my journals for Mr. Pulliam, so I’m being productive.

Maybe the scary man would come in the door because he was curious about the gardener who grew the pumpkin. Upon first sight of me, he would laugh. I would remind him “not to be deceived by appearances, for beauty is found within,” but to no avail. Seeing that there was no love in his heart I cast him out of the house, with a curse on himself and all those of his kingdom.

I don’t know, maybe I like the going to a ball story better for today.

3 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 2:42 PM, Blogger Jen said...

hehehe. You make me laugh and smile. How fun to have your own pumpkin standing guard. I definitely like the ball story myself.
love you dear.

 
At 10/06/2006 2:45 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Wait wait wait, so who's the prince? It's not one of those masked balls is it?

You should've also turned him into a beast and have given him a rose to remind him that he only has a short time to learn how to love.

What is a beautiful story without the hope of redemption?

 
At 10/07/2006 7:43 PM, Blogger Ellie said...

hey, I had a lot of fun singing at the camp fire. it was a really good idea and we should totally do it again sometime! thanks for hosting everyone! love you -

 

Post a Comment

<< Home