Wednesday, October 4

God Knows

October 3, 2006

God knows. Sometimes it’s really nice to have a reoccurring theme for a certain phase of life. Then when we look back we can better recall our lessons and struggles. Well, the first half of this semester the words that have pounded in my ears are: “God knows.” Recently our beloved pastor has been called to labor in a different section of God’s field. As the tears keep coming I’ve found myself in a squeezing hug whispering “God knows.” In various journal entries about college next year, and the life that follows I find myself writing “God knows.” When chatting with a distressed companion about the issues of life, it’s pointed out, “God knows.”

So I ask myself, what am I supposed to be learning here? How can I apply God’s knowing to my everyday living? Exactly what does He know?

God knows all.

He knows everything there is to know about the past ages.

He knows everything there is to know about the present.

He knows everything there is to know about what is to come.

He knows.

Not only does He know everything; He knows me.

He knows everything about me, and what I think and feel.

He knows what’s best for me.

He knows how my life will be lived.

He knows who I am.

Not only does He know everything about me; He knows everything about every other person.

He knows you.

He knows what’s best for you and every other that you know and don’t know.

He knows what you’re doing, and why you’re doing it.

He know everything about you.

He knows us.

He knows the freaky neighbor, the pretty waitress, and the depressed priest.

He knows.

Not only does He know everything there is to know about everything and everyone that exists or will exists (humans never cease existing,) GOD KNOWS AND UNDERSTANDS GOD.

He knows what He will do, and why He will do it.

He knows how everything will work together for His glory.

God knows all.

What am I (or we) to do when I understand the vastness of His knowledge?

A few steps:

1. Praise Him. It’s basic, but so often neglected.

2. Ask forgiveness for pride. Sometimes I think I know it all, and I don’t. He does.

3. Ask Him to give us stronger faith.

4. Ask Him for wisdom. (James 1:5-8)

5. Remember that God knows. I must conform my mind to Jesus, so that in my conversations I recognize Him as the all knowing God who understands things beyond my comprehension. I must remember that I am a daughter of the King.

It’s exciting to know that God knows.

2 Comments:

At 10/04/2006 12:50 AM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

He knows all... He knows why... I can't know why... But would knowing why make me feel any different? Hrm...

He knows...

 
At 10/04/2006 8:47 PM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

"He knows"...thanks for the encouraging reminder Becca!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home