Tuesday, October 17

...things I've been thinking about

Coffee is good with almost anything... really.

This time of year it's hard to stay at the right temperature. First I blast the heat then I roll down the windows.

The more I read the more I am fascinated by the concept of reading... words, letters, portraying ideas... who came up with that?

Jesus said, "No one but the Father knows the day or the hour... not even the Son..." now that He is in Heaven, and is in perfect unity with the Father again, does He know when He is coming? I don't think so, but some disagree.

It's way more fun to do other people's dishes.

The skin on my hands doesn't like winter time, but the rest of me does.

Writing papers is 5% writing. The rest is thinking, and the will power to sit down and articulate exactly what needs to be written.

Unsought kindness in word or deed is more valuable then money.

Sometimes I cry selfish tears, and then my head aches. "I love you tears" don't give me a headache. Why?

It's significantly easier to do math with June is right there; just because I know she is watching me.

It's significantly easier to live life when God is right there, just because I know He is watching me.

Hugs are one of the most powerful means of communication.

It's so easy to go without saying the most important things to to most important people. Why?

Whenever I picture myself in the future I see a person different than who I am today... assuming that I will change dramatically between now and then. Yet, when I compare myself to who I remember myself as in the past, I feel like the same little girl with big dreams and high hopes. Silly Becca.

Gentle piano music is my favorite.

There's nothing more freeing then playing with kids. I think it's because their freedom and exuberant joy pictures of what we will be like in Heaven. "...For such is the Kingdom of God…"

Love has never failed.

4 Comments:

At 10/18/2006 9:48 AM, Blogger Kaitlyn said...

Thank for sharing that,Becca. I love reading your insights on life. Love ya!

 
At 10/18/2006 11:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your patient, beautiful thoughts; I love your way of expressing yourself; I love your constancy. I just love you.

 
At 10/19/2006 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you say about the tears and headaches is so true! That's what happens everytime...selish tears = headache and "I love you tears" don't. I never really thought of it before. Anyway, I hope that you are having a fantastic day doing whatever God has placed before you to do! I love ya Bec!
love, flo

 
At 10/23/2006 2:25 AM, Blogger Charity said...

You know what's really yum? Coffee with ice cream. Mmmm... (and, of course, coffee with friends trumps all)

the weather is fickle...or maybe it's just us?

words--powerful, aweing, hurtful, helpful, beautiful, terrifying...the list, of course, goes on.

hm, I haven't really thought about it.

ha--you are SO right.

winter was blah without snow and Christmas. (and summer is almost as blah without Covfamikoi to look forward to...*sigh*)

that is so true. writing is the easiest part.

I think I will quote you. :o)

Wow, I never considered that...but now that I think back, I know that's true for me, as well.

It's always easier to do--or at least finish--school when you know someone is watching. (which I don't always appreciate)

Same.

I know. I need a hug.

I should work on that...and stop assuming 'they know'.

Wow, same with me, come to think of it. (so I guess you're not alone in your "silliness")

Mine, too. :-)

Yes.

Yes, again.

__________________

sorry for SUCH a long comment. I just had to. Thanks, Becca, for that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home