Tuesday, June 29

Unofficial Poll

While I was gone I had several discussions which ended up turning into arguments, how I don't know, on the topic of ones favorite character in the Lord of the Rings trilogy. There are many options, and I am interested to know what each of yours are. To make things easier I will make a list you can chose from, and write a brief summery on the characters life, and purpose.

MEN, 'Doomed to Die':

ARAGORN swordsman, courageous warrior, heir to the thrown of Gondor, a dear friend of Gandulf, destined to marry the beautiful elvin princess Arwen. He was raised by elves and he has refused his place a King, in the end he excepts his crown with honor.


FARAMIRE last remaining son of the line of stewards of Gondor, courageous warrior, gentle kind, and giving, he is treated harshly by his father, yet does the right thing.

BOROMIRE was the heir to the steward of Gondor, was a fighter, he was easily overcome by the ring, and acted upon his , resulting in some horrible actions on his part, yet redeemed himself when he died in the place of the hobbits who he grows to love. He has a over abundant love for his people especially his father.

THEODIN king of Rohon, possessed by the evil spirit of Sauraman in which case he became an enemy to his own country and family, yet when released for his demon he ruled his country with love. Willing to die for those he loved. Ends up fighting along side Gondor, with nobleness.

EOMER nephew of king Theoden, banished from his country for doing good when Sauramon had control, yet even in this state he protected his people. He loved dearly his sister, and got big points for that.


WOMEN OF THIS RACE

EOWYN lovely princess of Rohan, niece of the king. Staying loyal to her king even in his state of possession. She fell for Aragorn, and her heart was broken to find his unwilling to return her affection, yet she was wise and noble beyond her years.



Due to present circumstances I have to get off now. But I will return to this project. Please do not vote yet because it is unfair for those who have yet to be represented.

8 Comments:

At 6/29/2004 12:28 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Definately Aragorn.
He's THE MAN!!!!!!
And she used my cards for these
lil explenations which
is bad cuz she
SHOULD lnow
all about 'em.

 
At 6/29/2004 2:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

THis is unture. I did try to use luke's card because i wanted officail definitions, but they weren't very good, so I made them all up.
And I told you not to vote. PLEASE.

Becca

 
At 6/29/2004 3:00 PM, Blogger Charity said...

Ok I won't vote yet. :) I miss you Becca!!! :(

 
At 6/29/2004 8:27 PM, Blogger erudil said...

Becca why are you mad at yourself? Really, was Luke the first comment?

 
At 6/30/2004 12:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Becca, it's Anne. Very interesting discussion...I will have to keep reading more on your blog!

 
At 6/30/2004 8:04 AM, Blogger Anna said...

Well, I think all of those men are pretty cool even Borormir because he was in such a situation. I would have to say Eowyn and Aragorn because they both gave so much up to fight.

 
At 6/30/2004 8:48 AM, Blogger David Pulliam said...

Aragorn

 
At 6/30/2004 9:31 PM, Blogger Katie said...

who do i like best in lotr? I can't say! I love 'em all! Except, of course, characters like Wormtongue and the Steward of Gondor

 

Post a Comment

<< Home