Sunday, December 26

hi... bye

I am going to be at winter conference for the next week so don't miss me too much. Although I really don't post more then that anyway so it isn't that big of a deal.
I was thinking about how cool it is that we are all in a 'safe' place, fed, warm (relativly speaking), clean, loved, and cared for. Why aren't we more happy you guys? Sure there are things in this world that make us sad, but this place is not are home! We are going to a better place. That is another thing:
I am a child of God, and most of you are also. Therefore why don't we beam all the time? Sure it is ok to cry, but we shouldn't be sad all the time. Hey if you got to then you need to write a new list of things that make you beam... here are some more of mine:
-drinking warm and intense coffee (I think I will go make some)
-saying something at the same time and in the same way as one of my dreaest friends
-singing the Psalms with people that love them as much as I do
-hearing my favorite song on the radio... and being able to blast it
-brushing my hair... weird I know but hey I never said the list had to be normal
-getting a phone call without expecting it
-waking up to the sunrise
-getting complamented by someone who knows what they are talking about
-giving someone a gift that they absolutly love
-
dancing in the rain
-hearing the wind, and having it wrap my flowy skirt around my legs and play with my hair
-getting fun comments on my blog
-seeing the moon
-finding a $20 in my coat (who says it has to have happened to you)
-pretty painted toenails
-curls
-milkshakes and good books
-laughing so hard that it makes my tummy feel funny
-watching 'the best movie ever' and crying
-talking to someone about nothing at all... then talking about everything
-flowers
-candles... I play with the wax
-long emails
-getting teased by... people
-odd things that make everyone think I am weird but make me feel good
-back rubs
-thirty minutes soaking in steaming hot spicy water
-party clean ups
-weddings and helping with them
-full calendars
-'I will never let go' hugs
-watching people I love do something cool


Ok well have a great week you guys. I wanted to tell you Merry Christmas! Also, please remember that I will be gone so there is no reason to yell at me for not posting. Emial and post on the blog so that when I get back on Friday I will be happy.


5 Comments:

At 12/27/2004 11:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Becca since when did getting teased make you beam? LOL.. now that I have that great knowledge I shall have to make you beam more often!

Love you! See you tomorrow!
Jen

 
At 12/27/2004 3:11 PM, Blogger Becca said...

Ok, I suppose it depends greatly on who is doing the teasing, what mood I am in, what time of day it is, the object of the tesasing, and when it last was that I consumed caffiene.

 
At 12/27/2004 4:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

here's some more of mine:

~computers that don't lock up every couple of minutes
~Dove chocolates (I got some for Christmas!)
~being clean
~feeling pretty
~freshly brushed teeth
~pictures of wonderful times and people
~letters from loved ones
~seeing a thousand sailors in one place at one time
~having my brother home for Christmas!

+++Valerie+++

 
At 12/27/2004 9:56 PM, Blogger erudil said...

We're not more "happy" because of sad and sinful things that happen to us (like my grandma's fall on Christmas), but that doesn't (or shouldn't) distract from our joy in Christ. For that, indeed, should we be happy! What a great blessing that we have both joy and happiness!

 
At 1/05/2005 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I realize this is an old post, but I haven't checked blogs in awhile so I'm going to go ahead and add my little list of things that make me happy.
-Listening to music in my room all by myself
-Listening to music in the car with my sister
-Writing a good poem
-Steaming hot coffee
-Dark chocolate
-Good books
-Great friends that understand/know you and still love you.
-Movies that make me cry
-Reading good poetry
-Staying up late talking
-Helping people voluntarily
-Jogging early early in the morning when there is almost nobody else around.
-Serving an ace
-Movies that scare me so bad
-Quotes/statments that make me think deeply
-French fries
-Live music
-Buying a new cd and hearing it for the first time

Okay I'll stop. ~Margaret

 

Post a Comment

<< Home