Friday, March 3

An Amazing Brother

The lights glare off the slick gym floor and sound echoes violently from wall to wall; these along with the crowed stands and locker room/concession stand scents are very familiar to me.
My favorite Warrior's player, number 54 is the infamous Luke Long. at 6'1" he is a good match for any player ready to take on a challenge. Luke sits across from my bleacher seat along with his dear teammates, but nor for long. He will soon be switched, and then I will watch with anticipation as my little brother plays ball.
The Warriors have suffered a few losses this year. The reason for our misfortune is not due to lack of character on the guys part, rather the Warriors team has had an excellent attitude every game, win or loose. Our guys are friendly competition, and they make us proud. The refs let them down and make bad calls, but they don't cuss or complain, they press on giving their all to play for honor and for Christ.
I've come to hundreds of Warrior's games over the last several years. Since Luke has begun playing I have faithfully attended his games- being his second biggest fan (his loyal mother being his first.)
Luke has improved over the years. His first year of Jr. High he barely played and when he did he didn't really know what to do. Today, Luke's a star. He leads his team to victory.
Like is very much a team player. He really admires the seniors; a prime example being his best friend David, or #52. We're going to miss David next year. His jumping team spirit is a great encouragement to Luke and the other guys as they play the court. David has grown a lot too, and like Luke it hasn't all been physical or athledical. He and Luke have grown spiritually these last few years, and they have come to know God on a personal and real level. They live their lives for His glory and not their own.
Luke is just a sophomore, but he doesn’t look it. People often mistake him for my boyfriend or at least my big brother- he may be bugger than me, but he's my younger/little brother through and through. Luke is all of 11 1/2 months younger than me, and we have been best friends since before I can remember. Luke and I have been through thick and thin. I'm thankful to God that He gave me Luke. I don't know what I would be or do without him. I just know that I love him, and I need him, and I it's cool to watch him play basketball.

2 Comments:

At 3/03/2006 9:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*tear*
I love you Becca!!!

 
At 3/03/2006 7:05 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Good sister, good brother.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home