Tuesday, March 28

upon request and pleasure...

Hello,
I am sorry that it has been so long since I have written and posted on my blog. It's not a lack of love for you guys I just don't have a whole lot of time right now. Except, I dont' like it when people say that, as if there was a limited amount of time for them, and the rest of the world had more. It's not true, I have the same amount of time as Jerusha, it's just that I fill my time with more pressing things.

Right now my darling littlest sister Kez is playing with a ball that my mom bought her. She is truly enjoying walking around, dropping it, and then showing it off. What a princess?! I love her.

Oh, I want to enjoy this week. I am going to try really hard. I have tons of things going on, but I refuse to allow them to rule my week. Jesus is King, and He loves me, and I love Him, and that is all that matters.

On Sunday I was hit with this question... it's my verse of the week if you will, and I want to memorize it and live by it from now on:

"And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways, to love Him, to serve the LORD your God wil all your heart and with all your soul, and to keep the commandments and statutes of the LORD, which I am commanding you today for your good?" Deuteronomy 10:12-13

Life is really simple when you think about it.
It continues...

"Behold, to the LORD your God belong heaven and the heaven of heavens, the earth with all that is in it. Yet the LORD set His heart in love on your fathers and chose their offspring after them, you above all peoples, as your are this day." Deuteronomy 10:14-15.

These verse talk about the church, Christ's bride. God loves us. He has set His heart in love on us, and He has chosen us. He owns all of heaven and on and on, yet He cares about us.

The question is, what more does He ask than for us to love Him in return. Really, that is all He asks of us, because when we really love Him we want to do what He wants us to, and we obey. Real love desires above all else to please and honor the center of it's affection.

Ok people, have a fantastic life. I will. I am. I mean, school can wear us down, but let us hope in God and praise Him still. Remember to smile, and to care about those around you. It's not all about us.

Truly,
Rebekah

1 Comments:

At 3/28/2006 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you have not heard about Nathaniel Pockras's hospitalization, contact his uncle Charles chpockras@yahoo.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home