Thursday, June 8

Grace Everlasting

This week has been an incredible one. I have not fully figured out why some weeks are good and some weeks aren't, but I know that God has really been gracious to me this week in a way that I don't deserve. He always is gracious, but there is a special grace; one that gives me the right perspective. He's wonderful.
Flo and I drove to her house yesterday, and I got back this morning. It was such a blessing to spend five days with her. She is an amazing girl, and I love to be with her because than I hope I will be more like her. She is the best. I think since we are cousins we have a sister/friend relationship. We tend to be more family'ish than friends, and yet we don't get to see each other as much as sisters so spending time together is a treat.


How awesome is it that we can read the same Book over and over and over and yet it is always powerfully applicable? The Bible is so full of life. It's always the same, and yet to think that saints throughout the ages have looked to it for comfort, truth and guidance is just amazing. The same portion of Scripture can be read fifty times and yet will remain to God's child intriguing and insightful. We are so blessed to have the entire Scriptures in our own language along with the freedom to read them. No book can even compete with it. Name one piece of literature that can even begin to impact the soul to such depths for years on end. There is no work that has meant so much to so many multitudes of diverse people. It's just intense to think about. Wow... we serve an awesome God.

4 Comments:

At 6/09/2006 11:05 AM, Blogger Amy Thorne said...

Hey honey. I sat down to write you and realized that I don't have your address!! I have packed my address book and your letters are so dear to me that I've packed them as well! :) You can email me at star_and_fire@hotmail.com

 
At 6/09/2006 12:30 PM, Blogger Jeremiah said...

Indeed we do serve an Awesome God.

Close cousins are great.

 
At 6/09/2006 11:58 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Hey girly :) I am so glad you are having a fabulous week. Thanks again for fun times running around to stores with me. I love girl... so much it can hurt at times :) But it is a good sort of hurt.

 
At 6/11/2006 9:50 PM, Blogger erudil said...

God is our refuge and our strength,
In straits a present aid;
And, therefore, though the earth remove
We will not be afraid.

Though hills amidst the seas be cast,
Though troubled waters roar,
Yea, though the swelling billows shake
The mountains on the shore.


Psalm 46:1-3

 

Post a Comment

<< Home